[tw5] [TW5] Bob and BobEXE version 1.1.0 Actually Garlic Bagels (still) prerelease
Jed Carty
2018-12-05 23:00:40 UTC
Because I haven't gotten around to bumping the version number before
building the executables this is still version 1.1.0 with even more
updates. Mostly relating to creating new wikis and exporting single file
wikis.

It isn't quite to the point were you can seamlessly work with single file
wikis as though they are Bob wikis, but it is getting there.

The control panel now has interfaces for creating a wiki using an edition,
creating a wiki using an existing single file wiki, creating a wiki using
tiddlers taken from existing wiki and adding an existing node wiki to the
list of wikis served by Bob so you don't have to use the manual setting to
do it.

There is also a button to download a singe file version of the current wiki
and documentation about how to do more complex things like downloading a
singe file version that only contains some of the tiddlers in the current
wiki.

The plugin version of Bob is on GitHub here:
https://github.com/OokTech/TW5-Bob
The newest version of BobEXE is available here:
https://github.com/OokTech/TW5-BobEXE/releases

If you want to support the development OokTech has a patreon page here
https://www.patreon.com/OokTech
or if you prefer there is a link for PayPal here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZG94CTLHTKYRE

The new changes since the last time I posted about it are listed here:

- Added a check so it shouldn't crash when trying to load a wiki that
doesn't work
- Fixed bug where the wrong port could be listed in the control panel.
- Added download wiki action widget that downloads the current wiki as a
single html file.
- By default it removes the Bob plugin and some other plugins that only
work with a server.
- It can have an `includeFilter` for tiddlers to include, an
`excludeFilter` for tiddlers to exclude and a suggested name for the
downloaded file.
- Fixed bug where settings file wouldn't be properly created if it didn't
exist
- Added an action widget that lets you convert a single file wiki into a
wiki that can be used by Bob.
- Added interfaces for the importing/creating and exporting/saving wikis to
the control panel.
TonyM
2018-12-06 01:13:22 UTC
Jed,

These additional features are great.

I thought I would once again try migrating my key existing Wiki to Bob, I
upgraded my BobWin.exe version, on Windows 10, I used the From HTML
method, and selected the wiki, the console showed a lot of activity in
purple text and terminated. Looking at the resulting Wiki Folder it is a
half the size of the original size suggesting it had errors, but it is hard
to see what may be missing since the new wiki does open. Is there a method
by which I could somehow log the messages before the termination occurs?

I had success moving other wikis to bob, just not this key one.

Thanks in Advance
Tony
TonyM
2018-12-06 01:21:30 UTC
Post Script

<$list filter="[all[system+tiddlers]count[]]">

</$list>

In the source Wiki gives 3001 and in the Resulting Bob version 1955

It looks like none of my custom images, svg files were included.

Regards
Tony
Mohammad
2018-12-06 04:20:17 UTC
Jed,
This is a great step. Many people like single wiki for small job or they
like to distribute single wiki through email attachment or distribute like
their code tutorial, etc...
So, having simple mechanism to make single wiki with Bob is essential.

Thank you again
Mohammad
h0p3
Jed Carty
2018-12-06 08:37:01 UTC
TonyM,

This may be an interesting bug to track down. I don't see any place that
should crash like that when importing, I suspect that it may be a special
character in a tiddler name or it is trying to write too many files
simultaneously. But I don't think that either of those should be a problem.

The quickest way to get the output is probably to run BobEXE from a
terminal instead of double clicking on it. That way when it runs into
whatever it is that it doesn't handle it should leave the terminal open and
you can see the output.

I don't have a windows machine to try it on, but you are supposed to be
able to pipe the output into a file if you start from a terminal by typing
this

BobEXE.exe \all > logging.txt

hopefully that works the same as piping the output to a file in linux.

And as a general note about sizes, the wiki folders can be smaller than the
single file wikis because the folders don't have the core in them, and may
not have other plugins in them either. That isn't the only reason it is
smaller in your case but in general the size of the folder should be less
than the size of the single file wiki.
TonyM
2018-12-08 22:28:55 UTC
Jed,

Thanks for the info. I have included the start and end of my Attempt to
import my key wiki,

Do you have any suggestions please.

C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob>bobwin.exe
NodeSettings - Parsed raw settings.
Added route /^\/Core\/?$/
Added route /^\/MyDirectory\/?$/
Added route /^\/PluginRepository\/?$/
Added route /^\/TechReferences\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTTax\/?$/
Added route /^\/TW5Reference\/?$/
Added route /^\/xlsxTools\/?$/
Added route /^\/Desktop\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTSuit\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTSolutionsSuite\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTWork\/?$/
Added route /^\/newWiki\/?$/
Added route /^\/PortFolio-Veritasium\/?$/
Added route /^\/TiddlyWikiPortfolio\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTTWFactory\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTSuitOnBob\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTSuitOnBob2\/?$/
TiddlyWiki version 5.1.17 with Bob version 1.1.0
Serving on 0.0.0.0:8084
(press ctrl-C to exit)
syncer-server-WebsocketAdaptor: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList
new connection
new connection
saved file
C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\$__WikiSettings_split_wikis.tid
Wrote settings file
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\$__WikiSettings.tid
saved file
C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\$__WikiSettings_split_wikis.tid
saved file
C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\$__WikiSettings_split_wikis.tid
Wikis Folder Exists
Copied edition 'empty' to C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\Wikis\PSaTSuit

Added route /^\/Core\/?$/
Added route /^\/MyDirectory\/?$/
Added route /^\/PluginRepository\/?$/
Added route /^\/TechReferences\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTTax\/?$/
Added route /^\/TW5Reference\/?$/
Added route /^\/xlsxTools\/?$/
Added route /^\/Desktop\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTSolutionsSuite\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTWork\/?$/
Added route /^\/newWiki\/?$/
Added route /^\/PortFolio-Veritasium\/?$/
Added route /^\/TiddlyWikiPortfolio\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTTWFactory\/?$/
Added route /^\/PSaTSuit\/?$/
Created Tiddlers Folder C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\Wikis\PSaTSuit\tiddlers
Wiki created
For .mr/dbadge/license, type is application/x-tiddler hasMetaFile is false
filepath is C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\Wikis\PSaTSuit\tiddlers\.
mr_dbadge_license.tid

*Here is he hundreds of tiddlers listed in purple with hasMetaFile is false
filepath*

For Yoast, type is application/x-tiddler hasMetaFile is false filepath is C
:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\Wikis\PSaTSuit\tiddlers\Yoast.tid
For Yoast Premium setting and Update LaSource, type is application/x-tiddler
hasMetaFile is false filepath is C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\Wikis\PSaTSuit\
tiddlers\Yoast Premium setting and Update LaSource.tid
For Your Realise Business renewal order from November 29, 2018 is complete,
type is application/x-tiddler hasMetaFile is false filepath is C:\Data\TW5\
Instances\Bob\Wikis\PSaTSuit\tiddlers\Your Realise Business renewal order
from November 29, 2018 is complete.tid
Wrote settings file
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\
$__WikiSettings_split.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\$__WikiSettings.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\
$__WikiSettings_split.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\
$__WikiSettings_split.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\$__WikiSettings.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\$__WikiSettings.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\
$__WikiSettings_split_wikis.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\
$__WikiSettings_split_wikis.tid
saved file C:\Data\TW5\Instances\Bob\IndexWiki\tiddlers\
$__WikiSettings_split_wikis.tid
path.js:28
throw new errors.TypeError('ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE', 'path', 'string');
^

TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string
at assertPath (path.js:28:11)
at Object.join (path.js:501:7)
at FSWatcher.<anonymous> ($:/plugins/OokTech/Bob/FileSystemMonitor.js:80
:27)
at FSWatcher.emit (events.js:159:13)
at FSEvent.FSWatcher._handle.onchange (fs.js:1379:12)

Is it correct to assume to delete the resulting Wiki I delete the folder
under Wikis and Remove the entry from the Manual settings?

Thanks in advance
Tony
Jed Carty
2018-12-08 22:46:26 UTC
Tony,

Yes, the wiki folder has all the actual wiki files and the listing in the
manual settings is how Bob knows about it so removing those removes the
wiki.

And I can see where the error is happening, but I still have no idea why it
is happening. I will try to look into it some more.
TonyM
2018-12-08 23:17:29 UTC
Jed,

Thanks for that.

I have tried to learn more about the problem as follows

By the way, the wiki opens and has no SVG files (and other missing
content?) so I opened the Bob instance and [re-]imported the same wiki
that I used to Create the folder wiki so as to make up for the missing
tiddlers. Note: This wiki is now a 5.1.18 Version.

This seemed to have worked, it all looks correct, however I now have the
Message "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data
you have entered may not be saved" *even after a save and no save pending*.

I have gone ahead to reload however trying to open the folder wiki now
results in a permanent waiting for 127.0.0.1, a restart of Bob now and
opening the wiki seems to have reverted to an empty wiki with some changes
and most plugins installed
TiddlyWiki version: *5.1.17*
. Searching in the search field resulted in the result attached with the
full path to tiddlers showing, and opens a new tiddler with the title = the
full path name.

Regards
Tony

[image: 2018-12-09_10-11-55.jpg]
Jed Carty
2018-12-08 23:34:02 UTC
Bob supplies the core plugin, so if you are using BobEXE than it will
always be that version regardless of if you try and update a wiki or not.
So that part at least is expected. And the message about having pending
saves has been around for a while, I don't think that this is a consequence
of what you are doing.

For the rest it is somehow getting a path or a file name that doesn't exist
and after that any behaviour is unexpected. The only thing that I can think
of is that there is a tiddler with a name that somehow can't be translated
to a valid file name, but nothing from the error message you showed would
do that. Do you have any tiddlers that have titles longer than 255
characters? Or possibly with non-ascii or non-utf8 characters?
TonyM
2018-12-08 23:45:55 UTC
Jed,

I will generate a list of all tiddler titles in the source wiki and see if
any look problematic.

Tony