[tw5] [TW-5 Plugin} New Plugin - TW5-JsonManglerPlugin!
Joshua Fontany
2018-12-04 02:46:28 UTC
HelloThere!!!

I'm so excited to share this new plugin with the community.!

TW5-JsonManglerPlugin by Joshua Fontany, v 2.0.0

This plugin changes the methods tiddlywiki uses to retrieve and set values
in json data tiddlers.

It does this in a way that aims for backwards compatibility.

It also introduces new features, widgets, and filter operators:

- Allows TextReferences to target nested values ("complex json").
- New buttons in the edit-template for json data tiddlers.
- An automatic alert/error notification when calling message actions on
an invalid json data tiddler.
- $jsonmangler, a widget that catches messages to edit json data
tiddlers.
- An updated ''indexes[] operator'' that can show all index paths. If
given the argument verbose, it will list all paths, including the root
path to nested objects and arrays.
- A new ''hasindex[] operator'' that returns only those input tiddlers
that have a value the index path argument.
- A new ''tsort[] operator'' that uses a //tokenized sorting method// to
resolve pesky sorting problems.

Further documentation is available in the example
wiki: https://joshuafontany.github.io/TW5-JsonManglerPlugin/

This plugin is a work in progress; please report any issues on GitHub:
https://github.com/joshuafontany/TW5-JsonMangerPlugin/issues

Repository Link: https://github.com/joshuafontany/TW5-JsonMangerPlugin
<https://github.com/joshuafontany/TW5-JsonMangerPlugin/issues>
2018-12-04 03:53:12 UTC
Joshua

This looks very promising and a great extension to tiddlywiki. If however I may ask could you include a multidepth json read, list and write examples for those of us who are yet to learn the details of json file standards. I am just looking a kick start in tiddlywiki.

Thanks
Joshua Fontany
2018-12-04 04:15:10 UTC
There are prewritten test tiddlers for everything I touched or added in
the Example Wiki (below the HelloThere tiddler). Most have a codeblock that
shows the code and then renders the test. I also documented the new widget
and messengers in the tiddlywiki.com style.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c1a18753-4753-4b83-a53b-cd23c716f8a4%40googlegroups.com
Diego Mesa
2018-12-05 00:49:54 UTC
Hey Joshua,

Thanks for this - if Im understanding it correctly it could be *very*
powerful, and *very* useful. Could you include a simple, intermerdiate and
advanced use case/example in the documentation? I want to make sure Im
correctly understanding it!

Thanks!!!!
Joshua Fontany
2018-12-05 02:12:05 UTC
Thanks you Diego,

I am working on brainstorming up some more complex examples.

The neat things that I have in mind include:

* allowing a tiddler in View mode to host text-boxes and other editing
widgets by pointing them to a "backing data tiddler", which you could then
transfer those values (or only the specific ones you want) to the host
tiddler with a button press.

* Interesting uses of the .pop(), .push(), .shift(), .unshift, and
.splice() (insert) javascript methods that I have exposed to wikiscript in
the corm of the action-messages and the mangler widget.

* Integration with TiddlyMap.

* Expanding groups/bags of tiddlers from a hosting data-tiddler.

* Packing a plugin tiddler using tiddlywiki widgets from the browser
(instead of from the console).

* Tighter integration with programs outside the node.js tiddlywiki instance
(automation based on IF specific tiddlers exist, and reading data from them
as JS Objects/Arrays).

These are of course longer term goals. First I'm going to refactor my
Table-Renderer widget to use these new features, .push()ing a row of data
to extend a table, inserting a table in another table, etc.

I'm open to more simple ideas too....

Thanks for trying the plugin!
Joshua F
2018-12-04 03:53:16 UTC

Mohammad
2018-12-04 06:34:14 UTC
Great Job Joshua!

I will test and give my feedback.

Best
-Mohammad
David Gifford
Mohammad
2018-12-05 05:21:46 UTC
Joshua,
I appreciate if you could add some examples in your demo page.

-- Mohammad