[tw5] Tiddlywiki Status Badge
Mohammad
2018-12-04 20:29:17 UTC
In honor of new release of Tiddlywiki, I would like to announce the
status-badge addon for Tiddlywiki.
The status badges are set of macro and stylesheet. These are double badges
in two semantic colors indicate coverage, version, relation, progress, ...

Demo and download page:

https://kookma.github.io/status-badge/
<https://kookma.github.io/status-badge/>

[image: status-badge.jpg]
David Gifford
2018-12-04 23:15:27 UTC
Nice! Added to toolmap under "Writing and editing - font and paragraph
manipulation" for lack of a better category
In honor of the new release of Tiddlywiki 5.1.18, I would like to announce
the status-badge addon for Tiddlywiki.
The status badges are set of macro and stylesheets. These are double
Mohammad
2018-12-05 04:17:25 UTC
David,
These are kind of badges so you may want to have a category like

- Notebox, badges, labels

- Mohammad
2018-12-05 14:22:29 UTC
Dave & Mohammad

"Badging"? Is the category?

What else would be in it? The "Powered By" cat thing. Mat's "stamper"
gadget. The "Github Ribbon". The point is they are "signalling" to the user
basic details of what you are using. In other words "badges".

Just thoughts
Josiah
Mohammad
2018-12-05 16:04:55 UTC
Hi Josiah,
Over the net I heard status badges, version badges and like that, yes
Github ribbon may be another name! BUT we can invent new words! :-)

I would like to thank you for the *Simple* word both in your post and
Tony's post!
Yes, I think the best solution is the simple solution! and I remember this
phrase from

http://wiki.c2.com/?EinsteinPrinciple
<http://wiki.c2.com/?EinsteinPrinciple>

*A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler.*

I think one reason I like Tiddlywiki is that, TW lets me to create web and
html contents in a SIMPLE way!

Thank you Tiddlywiki!

--Mohammad

Mohammad
2018-12-05 13:15:39 UTC
Very nice! Simple. Clever. Useful.

Thankyou!
J.
In honor of the new release of Tiddlywiki 5.1.18, I would like to announce
the status-badge addon ...
2018-12-05 22:39:50 UTC
Mohammad,

I was wondering if I could leverage status-badge to make some highlighted
Links to resources such as tiddlers or external links. In part to leverage
the look and colours you have defined.

It is clear one can do this already with dbage, just replace status with an
active link

<<dlink "//More info about//" "[[Tiddlywiki]]" "info">>

I was thinking what if we alter the label colour of "subject" to make links
or "actions" however as above using the italics seems to me to be a way to
differentiate an informational label/badge (no link) from an action/link
label.

I was wondering If it makes sense for you to document this alternate
convention in your status-badge addon ?

Mohammad
2018-12-06 04:16:32 UTC
Hi Tony,
Yes, I used a fixed color for subject part and I can remove it to let you
set the color as you like!
The other way is to use different colors for different categories.

To do so, we need to modify the macro as below

\define dbadge(subject:"Subject",status:"Status",type1:"", type2:"primary")
\end

and remove line 8 in stylesheet.

Now type2 is a css class to define your own background color.

- Mohammad