[tw5] Apply a template to all tiddlers
k***@gmail.com
2018-11-28 19:05:24 UTC
Is there any way to apply a template to all/multiple tiddlers in a wiki?

This is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find any related
documentation or previous questions.

For example say I want a list at the top of every tiddler that shows all
tagged tiddlers. Is there a way apply the following template to every
tiddler in my wiki?

<$list filter="[tag<currentTiddler>]">

</$list>

Thanks for your help!
Dave
2018-11-28 19:59:49 UTC
This is mine I use a lot (similar idea)

<<list-links filter:"[all[current]tagging[]]">>

put that in a tiddler, and tag it with $:/tags/ViewTemplate
Dave
2018-11-28 20:04:23 UTC
Here's a similar one I use that sorts the tagged items by the field
"priority"
\define tgngp()
<$list
filter="[all[current]tagging[]!tag[exclude]!tag[done]has[priority]sort[priority]limit[20]]">
</$link></td>
default=".01" increment=".01"/></td>
</$list>
<$list filter="[all[current]tagging[]!has[priority]]">
</$link></td>
</$list>
\end

but that's put in a macro. You can take the stuff between the \define
tgngp(), and \end and do the same as described above
2018-11-28 22:45:24 UTC
Dave,

I imagin placing <<tgngp>> in a tiddler tagged view template would work as well?

In which case I would be tempted to also limit when it is displayed eg

<$list filter="[all[current]!is[system]]">
<<tgngp>>
</$list>

This will only show on non system tiddlers. But you could have multiple tests and content to build rich content on tiddlers.

bimlas
2018-11-29 06:54:06 UTC
I attached my solution, it puts two "tag-pill" like lists on top of all
tiddlers, those listing the same titles as tiddlerinfo tagging and
references tabs.

[image: vivaldi_2018-11-29_07-51-34.png]

You can try out on https://bimlas.gitlab.io/
Mohammad
2018-11-29 07:25:19 UTC
Wonderful Bimlas!
2018-12-01 03:48:32 UTC
Bimlas,

Thanks for this. A tidy version of the tagging tag pill I love using, and
great to see references as well.

If your wanted a little inspiration, that you gave me, I was thinking what
if we also had a "Fields" tagpil look alike, from which you can select from
the fields on the current tiddler, on selecting a field it could open a
special tiddler/popup that has knowledge of both the tiddler you selected
the field from, and the field name. It could then present an editor to edit
that field.

Thanks again for your work,
bimlas
2018-12-01 22:53:23 UTC
@TonyM: To avoid misunderstandings: this is what you like to achieve?

[image: vivaldi_2018-12-01_23-37-32.png]

If yes, then see the modified version of the tiddlers in the attachment.
Basically, it's just a transclusion of the Fields tab of TiddlerInfo. If
you want to change the fields, 2click2edit
<https://danielorodriguez.com/TW5-2click2edit/> makes it easy to switch to
edit mode, where you can edit the fields.
bimlas
2018-12-01 23:03:08 UTC
It seems that these "tag-pills" are virtually the same as a
"semi-collapsed" TiddlerInfo: It might be better to modify TiddlerInfo to
show only the tabs list by default, but this should be always visible.

[image: vivaldi_2018-12-02_00-01-34.png]
2018-12-02 00:31:44 UTC
Bimlas,

Some English support Choosed is not a word, Use Chose for having made a
choice in the past. It is one of the cases where adding "ed" does not work,
because choose is either present or future tense already, so saying "to
choose now or in the future and adding in the past with ed" just does not
work. I empathise with the complexity of learning English, although it is
my mother tongue.

On the fields pill yes, that is almost what I am saying but perhaps so we
can also edit them.

I suggest you not spend too much time on this, it will eventually pay off,
but there are some complicating issues. In a solution of my own not (yet)
published, called edit fields, I have a method of editing fields on the
current tiddler, but in this case I use another field on each tiddler to
show which fields and in what order to list in this edit mode. It also
draws on a definition tiddler to identify how to display/edit particular
fields like icon, colour or text.

If you want to pursue this, I suggest together we do a little design work
first, Identify the goal and how best to achieve it.

bimlas
2018-12-04 07:01:58 UTC
Thanks for the English lesson. :) Since I'm not going to school anymore and
I do not have people speaking English and Hungarian in my environment, so
my English knowledge does not really improve. Maybe once I enroll in a
language school, but I'm relying on Google Translate for now when I'm not
too lazy to use it.

Your solution seems more sophisticated and I am not so interested in using
the fields, so if you do not mind, I leave this job to you.
2018-12-04 11:59:56 UTC
Bimlas,

Fine with me, thanks anyway.

2018-12-01 00:24:37 UTC
Bimlas that is great thank you for sharing it!

Thank you Dave that is the kind of thing I was looking for. Is there a
system tag that will the template at the top of the tiddler, or another way
to do this?
bimlas
2018-12-01 22:01:09 UTC
@kash: I think `$:/tags/ViewTemplate` is what you looking for; for example
my solution is using this tag with
`list-after: $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/tags` field.