[tw] Thanks for the Buttery Goodness - Question about linking images with images in TW5
RichShumaker
2014-11-24 07:55:35 UTC
First I wanted to say THANKS again to Everyone involved in TW
development!!!!!!
I have used TW for a long time.
I am on again, off again depending on what I am doing or using it for.
Since I am posting I am on again using TW5 and it is amazing what it can do.

I have a simple question(at least I think it is simple)

I am trying to use an image I imported into TW5 in a 'Gallery' and to link
to the BIG version.
So here is how I am putting the images in a 'Gallery'
[img width=192 [ Image.jpg ]] - The Image has been imported into the TW5
already, this is not a link to a website.
The weird spacing is because I use a Spreadsheet to do several images at
once, it works so I have not 'fixed' the formatting.
So this shows the images on a single page and works well.

I wanted to link the small images in the gallery to the big images I
imported.
Here is Pseudo Code for what I am trying to do - [Image Small Preview
Size[Link to Image in TW]]

I have been doing some 'minor' poking around the TW Groups.
Saw a question about bringing 'Noobs' into the fold, being a long time user
I am still a Noob for TW5.

I have always liked the idea of creating TW's that Teach TW.
Create several levels each building on the past and getting harder as you
go.
TW1 - Very Basic TW and it guides you using the 'Follow The Adventure
Style' Books
With each TW level should be videos that could be linked in the TW itself
TW2 - Build on what you learned in TW1 and use the same basic construct of
Follow This Adventure
TW3 - Part of TW3 is showing someone TW1 - TW3 builds on previous lessons
for yourself to learn more - Why Teach others? Teaching others is the best
way to learn yourself and it helps expand the group
TW4 - Teach more people either TW1/2/3 and Follow the Adventure for more
complex learning
TW5 - Quizes and Tests for the first 4 TW levels - Once you submit your
final answers you are 'CERTIFIED'
As a certified TW5 user you can list this on a Resume and help others to
create and use TW / Help Companies and individuals become TWer's

So the goal would be to take the concepts that can come up and decide 'is
this easy' or 'is this complicated'
Rate each concept and then build the levels with all of the concepts
divided between levels.
Just because something is complicated doesn't mean it should not be shown
in TW1, you just make sure you explain anything complicated very well.

Non Linear Learning can be complicated, SO make it easy by leading them
along a path.
Just because it is Non Linear doesn't mean you can create a LINE.
If someone veers off the line they can EASILY reset the system and start
over.

Currently this is what I am using TW5 for?
My Book
My Website
Myself to help others and help myself at the same time
My Videos
As a Dream Machine
Long Term Memory for my projects

I have to mention that I just started using Google Keep and I find the
combination between TW5 and Google Keep amazing.
It is my short term and long term memory together.
If you use Google Keep - Create a TW5 Note and send it over to me we can
start working on stuff together.

If you have not used Google Keep it is a 'basic' notes system that can take
single notes for audio, pictures, and words.
You can then share that note with others and it works across platforms.
So I use it on my phone and on my computer.

Thanks Jeremy for all your hard work, as well as all the other developers.

Rich Shumaker
Tobias Beer
2014-11-24 10:30:46 UTC
Hi Rich,
Post by RichShumaker
I wanted to link the small images in the gallery to the big images I
imported.
http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Link%20Images
Post by RichShumaker
TW1 ... TW5
I'd make that at least a TW101, TW10X... so that we're not thinking of
versions. ;)

Yes, one could ascribe a level to certain concepts / topics / lessons and
then list them accordingly, even have tests around that.

As for certification, I wonder what authoritative institution should be
doing that and for what purpose. ^^
Post by RichShumaker
So the goal would be to take the concepts that can come up and decide 'is
this easy' or 'is this complicated'
Rate each concept and then build the levels with all of the concepts
divided between levels.
Yes, that is a sensible approach, but I'd perhaps rather use descriptive
titles or categories rather than numbers, e.g.

- Beginner
- Pro
- Dev

Post by RichShumaker
in TW1, you just make sure you explain anything complicated very well.
I think it shouldn't be in 101, but it should certainly link to 10X so as
to indicate where to "learn more".
Post by RichShumaker
Non Linear Learning can be complicated, SO make it easy by leading them
along a path.
Just because it is Non Linear doesn't mean you can create a LINE.
If someone veers off the line they can EASILY reset the system and start
over.
I think the 101...10X approach is somewhat linear, although the learning
itself needs not be.
What is important is that a user sees what level of expertise is involved
in mastering a topic and what is somewhat expected from him at that level.
Post by RichShumaker
I have to mention that I just started using Google Keep and I find the
combination between TW5 and Google Keep amazing.
Mhhh, Google Keep does look pretty, sure. But it's quite basic compared
to...

- TiddlyWiki
- Trello
- Producteev
- Wunderlist
- ...

Best wishes, Tobias.
RichShumaker
2014-11-24 20:12:35 UTC
Thanks again Tobias
I started new thread on learning TW5 using TW5 as the 'Text Book'

Thanks for the Macro for the images that really helps and works really well.
How would I define the size of the image to be shown onscreen so I could
create smaller 'gallery' style view that would link to a bigger image.

<<linkimg Jack.jpg Jack.jpg "a kitten" pretty>>

I have tried putting image parameters but they didn't work so I probably
put them in the wrong spot or maybe I can't do what I am trying to do.

Rich Shumaker
Post by Tobias Beer
Hi Rich,
Tobias Beer
2014-11-25 02:16:02 UTC
Hi Rich,
Post by RichShumaker
How would I define the size of the image to be shown onscreen so I could
create smaller 'gallery' style view that would link to a bigger image.
<<linkimg Jack.jpg Jack.jpg "a kitten" pretty>>
In general, if you are pursuing an actual gallery, thus perhaps using
$list to generate these as gallery-thumbs, I suggest you do make use of
that css class and a tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet
<http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Custom%20Stylesheets>.

Nonetheless, for completeness sake, I have added the width parameter to the
possible parameters of the linkimg macro...

Post by RichShumaker
put them in the wrong spot or maybe I can't do what I am trying to do.
I'm sure, with the changes you'll see in the updated version, there'll be
that click. ^^

Best wishes, Tobias.
RichShumaker
2014-11-27 08:03:42 UTC
Boat loads of AWESOMEsauce.

Thank you very much.
Now I need to learn how to do some of that fancy stuff so I can create a
Gallery based on Tags.
You Rock Tobias.

Rich Shumaker
Post by Tobias Beer
Hi Rich,
Tobias Beer
2014-11-28 15:45:10 UTC
Hey Rich,
Post by RichShumaker
Boat loads of AWESOMEsauce.
Thank you very much.
Now I need to learn how to do some of that fancy stuff so I can create a
Gallery based on Tags.
You Rock Tobias.
Sorry to say, I guess you'll have to roll back on the awesomeness
sprinkling. It actually doesn't work the way I hoped it would... with there
being no way to use the *linkImg* macro within lists so as to display
different images corresponding to the desired target.

*@Jeremy*

In other words, this does not work...

- *[img[<<currentTiddler>>.jpg]] *
- *[img[{{sometid!!icon}}]]* with *icon=SomeImage.svg*

So, I have added a note here -_-

Birthe C
2014-11-24 10:40:02 UTC
Hi RichSchumaker

Concerning your gallery, Dave Gifford experimented with something like that
in an earlier version of TW5
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/RpGJClG1dq4/mPXSuVpvtf8J

Birthe
RichShumaker
2014-11-24 18:33:58 UTC
Thanks Tobias and Birthe.

Makes sense about creating an 'add in' to handle nested images.
I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple before even
attempting that, and it has already been attempted and created(woohoo).
I will also check out Dave's work more thoroughly to see if that helps what
I am trying to do.

In regards to Teaching TW naming them TW1 - TW5 would be silly. It would
be better to say TW Part 1 - Beginners or TW Beginners.
I was trying to avoid using Beginners to not alienate Classic TW people
using TW5 as they(we) are not really beginners even though we are, ;)
So maybe TW5 Level 1 - TW Level 5

I will move my teaching / learning stuff over to the already existing
thread on that to keep it in one place.

Oh and I agree Google Keep is super simple, that is actually it's strongest
feature for me.
I wish there was a simple dump command for specific content.
I did a multi-page TXT document drop from Daedalus on iPad into TW5 and it
was bullet proof.

Thanks again everyone off to learn more on images and post over in the
learning thread.