[tw] [TW5] Preparing for release of TiddlyWiki 5.1.9
Jeremy Ruston
2015-06-15 10:19:37 UTC
I'm keen to release TiddlyWiki 5.1.9 today or tomorrow, and wanted to ask
for help with last minute checks.

If you have time, please have a look at the latest prerelease, and try it
out:

http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease

It would be great if you could give it a try with your own wikis and look
for any howlers. You can use the upgrade tool to upgrade your existing
wikis:

http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/upgrade.html

Please don't switch over to using the prerelease yet! Just give it a try
for now, and wait for the official 5.1.9 release,

Many thanks,

Jeremy.
mailto:***@gmail.com
2015-06-15 12:16:14 UTC
Today really?

... If today, please late in the evening, so translators have a chance to
cross-check if there's something missing :)
-m

PS:

YYYY YY
HHHHH HHHHH YYY YYYY
HHHHH HHHHH PP PPPPPP YYY YYY
HHH HHH PPP PP YYY YYY
HHH HHH AAAAA PP PPPPPP PP PP YYY YYY
HHH HHH AAAAAAA PPP PP PP PP YYY YYY
HHH HHH AA AA PP PP PP PP YYY YYY
HHH HHH AA AA PP PP PPPPPPP YYYYY
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AA AA PP PP PP YYYY
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AA AA PPPPPPP PP YYYY
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAA PP PP YYYY
HHH HHH AAAAAAAAA PP PP YYYY
HHH HHH AA AA PP PP YYYY
HHH HHH AA AA PP PP YYYY
HHH HHH AA AA PP PP YYYYYY
HHH HHH AA AA PP PP YYYYYYY
HHH HHH PP PP YYYYYYY
HHHHH HHHHH PP PP YYYYYYY
HHHHH HHHHH PP PP YYYYYYY
YYYYY
BBBBBBBBBBBBB YYY
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB Y
BBBB BBB II YYY YYY
BB BB II DDDDDDDDDDDDD YYYY YYYY
BB BB DDDDDDDDDDDDDD YY YY
BB BB III RRR RRRR DDD DDD A YY YY
BB BB II RRRR RR DDD DDD AAA YY YY
BB BBB II RRR DDD DDD AAAAA YY YY
BBB BBBB II RR DDD DDD AAAAAAA YY YY
BBBBBBBBBBB II RR DDD DDD AA AA YY YY
BBBBBBBBB II RR DDD DDD AA AA YYYY
BBBBBBBBBBB II RR DDD DDD AAAAAAAAA YYY
BBB BBBB IIII RRRR DDD DDD AAAAAAAAA YYY
BB BBB HHH DDD DDD AA AA YYY
BB BBB TT HHHH DDD DDD AA AA YYY
BB BBB TT HH DDD DDD AA AA YYY
BB BBB TTTTTT HH DDD DDD AA AA YYY
BB BBB TT HH DDD DDD YYY
BB BBB TT HHHHHHHH DDDDDDDDDDDDD YYY
BB BBB TT HH HH DDDDDDDDDDDD YYYY
BBBB BBBB TT HH HH YYYY
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB TT TT HH HH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
BBBBBBBBBBBBBB TTTT HH HH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
HHHH HHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
2015-06-15 14:38:27 UTC
Thanks Mario, that's brilliant. Can you do an ASCII art Motovun Jack for
the source code?
Post by PMario
Today really?
I'm working today, and it would be quite nice to mark today with a release,
but annoyingly, I think I may not have left myself enough time. I need to
get it out in the next day or two,

Best wishes

Jeremy.
2015-06-15 19:40:43 UTC
Post by Jeremy Ruston
Thanks Mario, that's brilliant. Can you do an ASCII art Motovun Jack for
the source code?
I actually copy pasted it :) ...

I'll send a pull request for "Motovun Jack.ascii" soon.

I needed to optimize it a bit. So now it works in the browser "Page Source"
view, a code editor and in TW as a tiddler :)

mario
2015-06-15 20:55:44 UTC
Looking forward to it!!!

Just a detail but it is listed among the news, so;
Post by Jeremy Ruston
Added
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/637aaca2fc3563cc695ab5603fc0cde222a770da>
subtle new "pin stripe" pattern for page background -

Maybe I misunderstand or maybe subtle is *really *subtle, but I cannot make
out any stripes in this.

<:-)
2015-06-15 21:01:53 UTC
...and if that is your birthday then, YEAH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :-)

A very simple gift for you: Ascii art cats
<https://www.google.se/search?q=ascii+art+cats&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=653&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCYQsARqFQoTCP3DnMHLksYCFcFbLAodNGgKXQ> and
more generally, ascii art generator
<https://www.google.se/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ascii%20art%20generator>
!

Eric Shulman
2015-06-16 00:08:07 UTC
Post by Mat
Looking forward to it!!!
Just a detail but it is listed among the news, so;
Added
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/637aaca2fc3563cc695ab5603fc0cde222a770da>
subtle new "pin stripe" pattern for page background -
Maybe I misunderstand or maybe subtle is *really *subtle, but I cannot
make out any stripes in this.
Jeremy added the pattern image (Pinstripe.gif) to the distro, but he didn't
make it the default setting for the background.

To *use* this pattern image, go to $:/ControlPanel, Appearance,
ThemeTweaks, Settings, and choose Pinstripe.gif from the dropdown for "Page
Background Image".

-e
Matabele
2015-06-16 06:16:46 UTC
Hi

In my environment, the screen appears to ripple when scrolling, after the
pinstripe pattern has been activated. Is this common?

regards
2015-06-16 07:43:37 UTC
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
Maybe I misunderstand or maybe subtle is really subtle, but I cannot make
out any stripes in this.

I've updated it to be a bit less subtle; I'm not sure that it's a great
improvement.

​
In my environment, the screen appears to ripple when scrolling, after the
pinstripe pattern has been activated. Is this common?

Interesting. I've also found that some bitmaps with narrow lines can
produce a strange Moiré pattern when scrolling on high definition displays.
What device are you using? Is the updated version better or worse?
Maybe you could add a one-liner to the release notes that mentions the
new "vars" widget in the hackability section? Thanks :)

Whoops, my mistake, somehow the vars widget didn't make it into the release
notes.

There's a new pre-release with those two changes:

2015-06-16 10:56:58 UTC
Post by Mat
Maybe I misunderstand or maybe subtle is really subtle, but I cannot
make out any stripes in this.
I've updated it to be a bit less subtle; I'm not sure that it's a great
improvement.
@Jeremy - Thanks, if I look carefully it is now discernible on my screen
but in deed *very* subtle. I suspect it is my screen even if I think it is
a very normal one (1366x768, win 8.1, FF & chrome).

@Eric - thanks for your intended help for showing it but I was in fact
simply using the ready made demo button on the default tiddler on
tw.com/prerelease page.

Felix Küppers
2015-06-15 21:03:04 UTC
Hi Jeremy,

I tested it and everything seems fine. Many great enhancements. Thank
you and thanks to all the contributers!

Maybe you could add a one-liner to the release notes that mentions the
new "vars" widget in the hackability section? Thanks :)

-Felix
Atul Grover
2015-06-16 07:38:59 UTC
Jeremy,

I got *"Parse error*: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in
*/home/atulayaskills/public_html/store.php* on line *8" *when i tried the
'saving on a php server' option.

regards
2015-06-16 07:44:33 UTC
Hi Atul

Post by Atul Grover
*/home/atulayaskills/public_html/store.php* on line *8" *when i tried the
'saving on a php server' option.
That doesn't sound like a 5.1.9 issue - do you get the same error with
5.1.8? If so, it may be worth opening a new topic for the problem. I'm
afraid I've no direct experience of the PHP scripts.

Best wishes

Jeremy
Post by Atul Grover
regards
Atul Grover
2015-06-16 09:18:22 UTC
HI Atul
Post by Atul Grover
My bad.... it works...
Great, glad to hear it,

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Post by Atul Grover
Hi Atul
Post by Atul Grover
*/home/atulayaskills/public_html/store.php* on line *8" *when i tried
the 'saving on a php server' option.
That doesn't sound like a 5.1.9 issue - do you get the same error with
5.1.8? If so, it may be worth opening a new topic for the problem. I'm
afraid I've no direct experience of the PHP scripts.
Best wishes
Jeremy
Post by Atul Grover
regards
'c pa' via TiddlyWiki
2015-06-17 05:29:22 UTC
Added
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/139496209f92d229feadf5c2883edec9090c0a0a>
support for custom elements to the ButtonWidget
<http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#ButtonWidget>

Checking the link against the documentation it looks like you need to add
the following as a row in the <$button> documentation

| buttonTag | An optional html tag to use instead of the default <button>
tag |
2015-06-19 11:21:19 UTC
Post by 'c pa' via TiddlyWiki
Checking the link against the documentation it looks like you need to add
the following as a row in the <$button> documentation

Thanks c pa, much appreciated - that's exactly the kind of eagle-eyed
attentiveness that's incredibly helpful!

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/209d6b20-8c0b-490a-8e6f-10c5abcabf8f%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/209d6b20-8c0b-490a-8e6f-10c5abcabf8f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
mailto:***@gmail.com
2015-06-25 17:24:17 UTC
Birthdays (hurray!) and illness (boo!) and work (hurray!) put paid to the
release this week. I'm hoping to release now on Monday. I've posted a new
prerelease for you to check if you have a chance:

Greg Davis
2015-06-29 13:53:53 UTC
Not sure if this would be a problem with the TiddlyWiki 5.1.9 pre-release
(downloaded Jun 29 at 8:23 AM EDT) or Daneilo's Encrypt Tiddler Plugin 2.1
from http://danielorodriguez.com/TW5-EncryptTiddlerPlugin/

If I decide to remove (hide) the Encrypt icon, either through the Control
Panel or the Tools Tab in a tiddler, I get an Internal "Javascript Error:
tiddler id undefined". I can clear the error but the option cannot be
changed. This was working under TiddlyWiki 5.1.8

I had used the Encrypt plugin in the 5.1.9 pre-release but hadn't used this
option until last night. Sorry to come in so late.

Greg

Danielo Rodríguez
2015-06-29 14:19:57 UTC
Post by Greg Davis
Not sure if this would be a problem with the TiddlyWiki 5.1.9 pre-release
(downloaded Jun 29 at 8:23 AM EDT) or Daneilo's Encrypt Tiddler Plugin 2.1
from http://danielorodriguez.com/TW5-EncryptTiddlerPlugin/
If I decide to remove (hide) the Encrypt icon, either through the Control
tiddler id undefined". I can clear the error but the option cannot be
changed. This was working under TiddlyWiki 5.1.8
I had used the Encrypt plugin in the 5.1.9 pre-release but hadn't used
this option until last night. Sorry to come in so late.
Hello Greg,

This is probably a problem of my plugin partially. It is not following the
standard TW guidelines about button creation/definition. But, in the other
hand I can not understand how unchecking an option raises a javascript
error. The code responsible of changing the tiddler properties should check
if the tiddler it is changing exists.

2015-06-29 14:56:09 UTC
Hi Danielo
Post by Danielo Rodríguez
Post by Greg Davis
[...]
If it's something I can fix for the core in 5.1.9 I'd be very happy to do
so. Can you figure out what's going wrong?

Best wishes

Jeremy
Post by Danielo Rodríguez
mailto:***@gmail.com
Greg Davis
2015-06-29 15:44:36 UTC
Hi!

In case it helps, went back and tried the prerelease versions I had
downloaded:

It worked in 5.1.9 prerelease downloaded May 5.

It worked in 5.1.9 prerelease downloaded May 10.

It worked in 5.1.9 prerelease downloaded June 15.

It worked in 5.1.9 prerelease downloaded June 18.

It does *NOT* work in 5.1.9 prerelease downloaded June 26.

It does *NOT* work in 5.1.9 prerelease downloaded June 29.

Thanks,
Greg