[tw] Where can I find alternative colour / color palettes?
Dave
2016-02-15 18:36:27 UTC
Is there a repository somewhere of TW5 examples that have more colour
palettes to drag into an existing TW5?

I did look at all the examples at tiddlywiki.com already, and I searched
for "TW5 color / colour palettes" and "TW5 themes", but I'm not finding
much.

Are there no such resources and I should just learn how to tweak existing
palettes?
Dave
2016-02-15 18:48:12 UTC
More specifically, I'm trying to modify the "Dark Photos" palette. When
you click on a <<tag someTag>> button that's showing in the sidebar, the
coloring is such that you can barely see the text on its background. (its
just fine when you click to view in the normal tiddler text area - its just
when its in the sidebar)

When I look at all the "sidebar" items in the color editor, none of the
existing colors match what I'm seeing.
Dave
2016-02-16 01:42:53 UTC
nevermind, I found it - it was dropdown-background

Just wondering out loud: is there some geeky plugin that allows you to
inspect a certain part of tiddlywiki to figure out what its called so you
can modify it?
Hegart Dmishiv
2016-02-16 01:56:36 UTC
Interestingly enough, Jeremy Ruston has recently posted about just such a
proposed feature, here
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/TYsbK0zO_EY>.
2016-02-16 08:32:17 UTC
Hi Dave
Just wondering out loud: is there some geeky plugin that allows you to inspect a certain part of tiddlywiki to figure out what its called so you can modify it?
A great help for figuring out the HTML structure so that you can apply CSS styles is to use the browsers built in developer tools. Just right-click on the element of interest and select “Inspect element” from the menu.

(The internal exploration tool I released yesterday was for exploring the internal widget and parse trees, not the browser DOM tree).

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Dave
2016-02-16 19:20:26 UTC
Thank you Jeremy. I didn't think of that. I'm not a programmer at all so
I appreciate learning about these things that probably many here take for
granted (although I probably should have thought of that anyway - I have
seen that before right clicking in the browser)