[tw] [TW5] Announcing TiddlyWiki v5.1.10
2016-01-07 23:40:32 UTC
I'm delighted to announce that TiddlyWiki version 5.1.10 has finally been
released to:

http://tiddlywiki.com/

Remember to keep careful backups before upgrading existing 5.x.x wikis at:

http://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html

There's a lot included this release:

* The ability to "fold" tiddlers down so that just their title shows
* Updates to the plugins for KaTeX, highlight.js
* A new, whitespace-lite, information-dense theme called "Tight"
* Support within the single file configuration for external text tiddlers
* New Résumé Builder, Blog and Text-Slicer Editions
* New translations for Swedish and Korean, and many improvements to the
other translations
* Major performance optimisations for the refresh cycle at the heart of
TiddlyWiki's internal operation, making some operations noticeably faster
* Numerous minor improvements and bug fixes

See the release note at http://tiddlywiki.com/#Release%205.1.10 for more
details.

Once again, this release has more contributors than ever before, including
quite a few first time contributors. My sincere thanks to everyone for
their help.

As usual, feedback is gratefully received!

Best wishes

Jeremy
mailto:***@gmail.com
2016-01-07 23:50:54 UTC
I'm the first to reply in the well known "Who is the first to reply in the
well known *latest TW release contest*" - so I win! ;-)

Seriously - GREAT JOB Jeremy and contributors! We all win!!!!

<:-)
Felix Küppers
2016-01-08 00:23:17 UTC
Post by Mat
I'm the first to reply in the well known "Who is the first to reply in
the well known /latest TW release contest/" - so I win! ;-)
Only second :(

Who invented this game anyways?

---

Great Job @Jeremy and thanks to all the contributors!
Hegart Dmishiv
2016-01-08 01:11:11 UTC
Awesome, thanks Jeremy, and everyone who contributed. I'm now running
TiddlyWiki v5.1.10 on my live (offline) knowledgebase wiki, and on my
development TW5 instance on GitHub
<https://hegart-dmishiv.github.io/my-TW5-dev-instance/#%24%3A%2FControlPanel>.
For those running TW on GitHub, don't forget that you need to send a commit
(even one without any changes) before the latest update will propagate to
your wiki.

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 12:28:05 PM UTC+12
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/s8pnvQW5UgY/REulGwnpAwAJ>, *Danielo
*Each time the wiki is built, tiddlywiki is installed, so as long as tw
5.1.10 is released (or any other release) the only thing you have to do is
a commit, and your next build will be using the latest release. This is a
cool side effect of Travis system, each virtual machine is "snapshot-ed
back" after each built, so you always start from a fresh environment.*
Atul Grover
Alex Hough
2016-01-08 06:59:50 UTC
great work everyone!

Alex
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a39537f3-0131-4248-8504-7c103e865ad4%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a39537f3-0131-4248-8504-7c103e865ad4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
Jon
2016-01-08 07:05:27 UTC
Thanks Jeremy and all the other contributors.

Jon.
Post by Alex Hough
great work everyone!
Alex
Tobias Beer
2016-01-08 10:25:13 UTC
Hi Jeremy,

Awesome! Looking forward to putting all the great new updates to good use.

Best wishes,

Tobias.