[tw] [TW5] Announcing the release of TiddlyWiki v5.1.14
Jeremy Ruston
2017-04-26 16:23:16 UTC
I’m delighted to announce the belated release of TiddlyWiki version 5.1.14:

http://tiddlywiki.com/

Remember to keep careful backups before upgrading existing 5.x.x wikis at:

http://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html

There are many, many improvements and new features in this version.
Highlights include:

* Much improved drag and drop support
* A new tiddler manager to speed up reviewing and editing tiddlers
* Optional automatic relinking of references to renamed tiddlers
* Many new and improved filter operators, including a several new string
encoding operators
* Added support for saving with the new Beaker Browser
* Several new plugins:
** The SaveTrail plugin automatically saves your work in the background to
guard against data loss
** The QR code generator plugin generates QR codes from text
** The BibTeX importer plugin allows TiddlyWiki to import BibTeX files
** The XLSX Utilities plugin allows TiddlyWiki to extract tiddlers from
spreadsheet files
* Many much requested smaller improvements:
** A select all/none checkbox in the header of the import panel
** A “close plugin library” button
** Improved display of plugin tiddlers
** Bigger icons for advanced search
** A new “sticky” mode for the info panel

Full details of all the changes can be found in the release note:

http://tiddlywiki.com/#Releases

My sincere thanks to the many people who have contributed to this
substantial release.

As usual, feedback and questions are welcome,

Best wishes

Jeremy.
mailto:***@gmail.com
Lost Admin
2017-04-26 16:36:14 UTC
Awesome! Really, I'm still in awe that something so robust as tiddlywiki
can be made as a single page html document.

I use some of Ton's plugins and I might have added one of Tobias' as well.
Any worries about compatibility?
http://tiddlywiki.com/
2017-04-26 16:43:58 UTC
YEEEE-HAAWWWWW - BIG THANKS JEREMY!!!!

I totally love TW. (...oh, people already knew that? ;-)

<:-) <:-) <:-) <:-)
Xavier Cazin
2017-04-26 16:44:19 UTC
Hi Jeremy,

Wonderful. Congratulations for this beautiful release, full of very useful
additions.

-- Xavier Cazin
Post by Jeremy Ruston
http://tiddlywiki.com/
[...]
msgid/tiddlywiki/CAPKKYJbUzCCXVEXShDrY8-YCq9_q8_W1yv0Y5YC6Gpd%2BPdX-FQ%
40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAPKKYJbUzCCXVEXShDrY8-YCq9_q8_W1yv0Y5YC6Gpd%2BPdX-FQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
Ton Gerner
2017-04-26 16:47:44 UTC
Hi Jeremy,

Awesome. Thanks a lot.

Ton
Rob Hoelz
2017-04-26 18:20:00 UTC
This looks fantastic - great work!

This is the first time I'm upgrading after converting to a node-based
version of my wiki - is it really as simple as "npm upgrade tiddlywiki"? I
tried that but now I'm getting a "$tw.utils.replaceString is not defined"
error; is there something I need to do to update my wiki's core tiddlers,
or is does TiddlyWiki detect and handle that itself? Perhaps I have a
plugin installed that is causing issues?
http://tiddlywiki.com/
Xavier Cazin
2017-04-27 07:35:12 UTC
Hi Rob,

The npm stance that works for me in most situation is:

npm update -g tiddlywiki

Hope this helps,
Xavier.
Post by Jeremy Ruston
http://tiddlywiki.com/
[...]
msgid/tiddlywiki/124dd4b8-87c9-460b-b837-873f3b391b83%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/124dd4b8-87c9-460b-b837-873f3b391b83%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
Jeff Vance
2017-04-27 19:24:22 UTC
I'm confused by the following claimed update: "Optional automatic
relinking of references to renamed tiddlers"

Is that referring to the checkbox to rename the tags and list field entries
that contain that tiddler? When I first read that, I thought it meant it
would update standard links to the new tiddler name, but I just tested it
and I see no option for that. Any existing links will still link to the
original name. But maybe that was never the goal and I misunderstood.

JV
2017-04-29 07:32:10 UTC
Hi Jeff
I'm confused by the following claimed update: "Optional automatic relinking of references to renamed tiddlers"
Is that referring to the checkbox to rename the tags and list field entries that contain that tiddler? When I first read that, I thought it meant it would update standard links to the new tiddler name, but I just tested it and I see no option for that. Any existing links will still link to the original name. But maybe that was never the goal and I misunderstood.
Yes, that is correct. We may extend the mechanism to relink handle hard links in the future.

Best wishes

Jeremy
JV
HansWobbe
2017-04-29 05:09:44 UTC
Many, many Thanks!
http://tiddlywiki.com/
Thomas Elmiger
2017-05-01 10:24:41 UTC
Hi,

I am confused by the description of the new filter operator suffix has:
*field* as it seems that the examples filter the opposite of what is stated
in the documentation.
http://tiddlywiki.com/#has%20Operator

To me, the examples make sense, the documentation does not. It would be
very logical, if the parts marked yellow could be removed/added in the docs:

output
*suffix field*
» those input tiddlers in which field F does *not* exist
! output

*suffix field*
» those input tiddlers in which field F *does not* exists
Am I missing something?

This is just a detail – many thanks for the great new version anyway!!!

Cheers,
Thomas

* Many new and improved filter operators, including a several new string
Post by Jeremy Ruston
encoding operators
2017-05-01 10:36:53 UTC
Hi Thomas

That text actually precedes 5.1.14, I’ve raised a query on tobibeer’s commit over on GitHub:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/6085936475851a8f93a05a52f9e7ddcb066c6569

Best wishes

jeremy.
http://tiddlywiki.com/#has%20Operator <http://tiddlywiki.com/#has%20Operator>