[tw] How-to?: Make a button in the sidebar for multiple action-possibilities (like the "more actions")
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-08 20:33:54 UTC
Hi TW-friends :-)

I'd like to build a button in the sidebar (next to the other buttons) for
building new tiddlers by templates.

But I want to have several possibilities for new-tiddler-templates in this
button.
These should be choosable, when I click on this one button (like the "more
actions"-button with the arrow-down).

Does anyone know how to do that?

Surya
2018-02-09 03:55:51 UTC
Although not exactly the same you could create a menu button and display in top right bar using the MyMenus plugin.

'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-09 19:29:56 UTC
Hi Tony,

I had a look at it, and it seems to be very interesting :-))

I thought before, your plugin would increase the wiki a lot, but it is not
so much :-)

I will try it- Thanks!
Surya
2018-02-10 22:24:39 UTC
Hi Surya,
Post by 'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
I'd like to build a button in the sidebar (next to the other buttons) for
building new tiddlers by templates.
But I want to have several possibilities for new-tiddler-templates in this
button.
These should be choosable, when I click on this one button (like the "more
actions"-button with the arrow-down).
I believe you could use the SelectWidget (simply define all desired actions
within RevealWidgets in the "my-actions" macro):

\define my-actions()
<$reveal type="match" state="$:/state/SelectedOption" text="option1">
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-notify" $param="SampleNotification"/>
</$reveal>
\end

<$select tiddler="$:/state/SelectedOption" actions=<<my-actions>>>
<option value="option1">Show Notification</option>
<option value="option2">My Second (Undefined) Action</option>
</$select>

You can try the code above on https://tiddlywiki.com/

Cheers,

Stef
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-10 23:47:15 UTC
Hi Stef,

thanks for your answer!

Post by s***@gmail.com
\define my-actions()
<$reveal type="match" state="$:/state/SelectedOption" text="option1">
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-notify" $param="SampleNotification"/>
</$reveal>
\end
<$select tiddler="$:/state/SelectedOption" actions=<<my-actions>>>
<option value="option1">Show Notification</option>
<option value="option2">My Second (Undefined) Action</option>
</$select>
But... I tried it- it didn't work, not with your example (not edited at
all) and also not with my wanted.
I found now a solution with the MyMenu-Plugin from Tony.
And made a very different sidebar as before the default one :-)

All the buttons you can choose to display on the page toolbar, I have
unchecked now. They are not visible there anymore.
The save-wiki-button is now on the top-right-bar together with the
MyMenu-buttons (the Jump-Menu, one menu-button for all
new-tiddler-possibilities & one menu-button for the several buttons being
before on the page toolbar.
I made the top-right-bar with margin-top to come more deeper- now that bar
is on the same height as the search on the sidebar (unfortunately only
optical, not in "real", because of that the search-field and the
advanced-search-button doesn't move with the buttons /menus being on the
top-right-bar).

With that solution a saved quite a lot space on the sidebar & it dosen't
look anymore so "full with buttons" :-)
To see at http://surya-diy.tiddlyspot.com/

Surya
2018-02-11 00:08:34 UTC
Hi Surya,
Post by s***@gmail.com
all) and also not with my wanted.
This is odd - it works fine when I paste my code into an empty tiddler
on https://tiddlywiki.com/ (I didn't try to include it into the sidebar,
though - this might be the biggest challenge).

Stef
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-11 00:17:50 UTC
Hi,

hmmm... Well, I want to be honest... I didn't spend long time with your
suggestion, just tried it 2 times....

I am just almost happy with my solution with the MyMenus :-)
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-11 00:19:52 UTC
I meant with "it doesn't work": I could choose the actions, but then
nothing happened...
2018-02-11 00:26:23 UTC
Post by 'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
I meant with "it doesn't work": I could choose the actions, but then
nothing happened...
The first action requires the tiddler "SampleNotification", which exists on
https://tiddlywiki.com/, but not in an empty wiki (I often use
https://tiddlywiki.com/ as a playground, because it has some useful
built-in tiddlers, and because anyone can access it). Maybe this was the
reason why it didn't work? The second option doesn't do anything because no
action is defined.

Cheers,

Stef
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-11 00:38:11 UTC
Okay, you're right :-)

I tried it before in my own wiki, on tiddlywiki.com it worked.

But, being honest- I will stay with MyMenus. But, if I will be one time not
anymore satisfied with MyMenus I will come back to your solution :-)