[tw5] Final checks for v5.1.18
2018-11-24 16:21:31 UTC
The release of v5.1.18 is long overdue, I’m afraid, and there’s an unusually large number of new features and improvements: much better web serving functionality, global keyboard shortcuts, splash screens, the new ~ (tilde) filter operator, and much, much more.

I’ve now frozen the addition of new features (see https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3573 <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3573>). To get it over the line we need to give it a thorough round of testing. Therefore, I’m asking everybody to give the prerelease a try: being careful to take backups, please try an experimental upgrade to the prerelease, and check that your usual workflow is still functioning as expected.

You can try out the prerelease in the browser at https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease <https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease>, or visit GitHub https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5> to get the Node.js configuration.

Note that here I’m particularly interested in tracking down any bugs that have been newly introduced in v5.1.18. There’s no reason to delay the release of v5.1.18 to fix problems that are already in v5.1.17.

Many thanks for everybody's help with this. Please feel free to ask any questions here or over on the GitHub ticket. And of course, my gratitude to everyone who has contributed to this release so far.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

BurningTreeC
2018-11-24 19:42:29 UTC
Thanks. I wonder if the upgrader has been tested?

I have a large (6 meg) document that is at vsn 11. When I upgraded I note:

1) There is no "html" extension -- I have to add that myself
2) The "new tiddler" button doesn't work

How do I get a listing of all System tiddlers that I might have altered?

Thanks!
-- Mark
2018-11-24 20:00:04 UTC
On Saturday, November 24, 2018 at 8:42:29 PM UTC+1, Mark S. wrote:
Post by 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
How do I get a listing of all System tiddlers that I might have altered?
see: https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2FControlPanel the last point: Number
of overridden shadow tiddlers:

-m
2018-11-24 20:25:58 UTC
Thanks. Deleted two shadow tiddlers and now the new tiddler button works.

It appears that something (not necessarily the update) breaks the
appearance of Jed's Mobile theme. Anyone else seeing that?

Thanks!
-- Mark
2018-11-24 18:04:42 UTC
Post by Jeremy Ruston
The release of v5.1.18 is long overdue, I’m afraid, and there’s an
unusually large number of new features and improvements
Small comment. *I do not find it "overdue"*. Its great to get regular
updates ... but looking at .18 I see a lot of changes. (FYI I held off
using it as it seemed an "evolving" update. I will try it now its
"locked".) And, for me, I prefer to have time to really ensure an update is
not going to mess up anything past built. Practically that will take me
(slow person) a couple of weeks to test on various wiki.

Just comments
Mohammad
2018-11-24 18:07:44 UTC
Hello Jeremy!
This is a very good news! The new release has a ton of new and useful
features!

Thank you for all your efforts. The minor comment is to have a good
documentation of new features!
I just checked the keyboard shortcuts and it needs more clarification! I am
not sure if a newcomer can create
a shortcuts using the present explanation (three tiddlers)!

By the way, I understand your priority is to have no bug for the time being!

Best
Mohammad
BurningTreeC
2018-11-24 19:13:22 UTC
Post by Mohammad
Hello Jeremy!
This is a very good news! The new release has a ton of new and useful
features!
Thank you for all your efforts. The minor comment is to have a good
documentation of new features!
I just checked the keyboard shortcuts and it needs more clarification! I
am not sure if a newcomer can create
a Keyboard Shortcut using the present explanation (three tiddlers)!
Hi Mohammad, good point! I'll add a "How-To" for it :)
2018-11-25 00:26:20 UTC
Exciting,

I have being holding off on a few things pending the stable release, so I
am glad its time is approaching.

I have started testing

My First question

- Where do we install the comments plugin from?

Brian Theado
2018-11-25 03:31:05 UTC
Mark,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 8:30 PM 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
<***@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]
To me it seems a little "sticky" trying to type into the comments box. A little lag.
I notice the same typing lag and I also encountered the same when I
wrote the ftlist plugin (https://btheado.github.io/tw-ftlist/). I
finally solved the lag by adding 'field="draft.of"' to the $edit-text
widget. Since I spend a lot of time typing into this widget, solving
the lag issue was a really big improvement. There might be something
about the way the comments plugin is structured which prevents the
draft.of field from being used.

Brian
2018-11-25 09:00:13 UTC
Hi Tony
Where do we install the comments plugin from?
You should be able to install the comments plugin from the plugin library in the usual way -- using the "Plugins" tab of control panel in the browser, or by editing "tiddlywiki.info" under Node.js

Best wishes

Jeremy

***@jermolene.com
https://jermolene.com
2018-11-25 10:43:05 UTC
Jeremy,

I only asked because I could not find it there and thought it was missed. I will look again.

Thanks
2018-11-25 10:47:08 UTC
Hi Tony
Post by TonyM
I only asked because I could not find it there and thought it was missed. I will look again.
You’ll only see it when you access the plugin library from a v5.1.18-prerelease wiki.

The plugins and versions that are retrieved from the library depend on the version of TW used to access it. If you’re running v5.1.15 then you’ll be accessing the v5.1.15 snapshot of the plugin library.

Just to be really clear, we don’t make any attempt to support running plugins that are later than the core. The comments plugin, for instance, is new for v5.1.18 and is not guaranteed to work on earlier versions of the core. You may find that some things work with some plugins if you mismatch versions but it is very much at your own risk, and you shouldn’t be surprised if things go wrong in subtle and unexpected ways.

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Post by TonyM
Thanks
2018-11-25 14:52:19 UTC
My attempts to access the "Get All Plugins" library from my upgraded
pre-release TW ended up pulling from the 17 library. Same for an empty
pre-release I just downloaded. And same for the pre-release online.

-- Mark
2018-11-25 16:43:12 UTC
It sounds like something strange is happening. The following steps reliably install v5.1.18 plugins for me:

* Visit https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/
* Open the control panel, switch to the plugins tab
* Click "Get more plugins"
* Click the 2nd button "Open plugin library" (ie the one under the heading "Official TiddlyWiki Plugin Library (Prerelease)")
* Review the versions of the available plugins

What browser/os are you using?

Best wishes

Jeremy.

***@jermolene.com
https://jermolene.com
2018-11-25 17:01:37 UTC
Did you change something on the site? The prerelease at TW now seems to
work. But here's what I get when I use the empty prerelease from only a
couple hours ago:

FF 63.0.3

-- Mark
Post by Jeremy Ruston
It sounds like something strange is happening. The following steps
* Visit https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/
* Open the control panel, switch to the plugins tab
* Click "Get more plugins"
* Click the 2nd button "Open plugin library" (ie the one under the heading
"Official TiddlyWiki Plugin Library (Prerelease)")
* Review the versions of the available plugins
What browser/os are you using?
Best wishes
Jeremy.
Jeremy Ruston
https://jermolene.com
On 25 Nov 2018, at 14:52, 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki <
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f75b2b9f-aec8-472c-98a4-062a9d06f9fe%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f75b2b9f-aec8-472c-98a4-062a9d06f9fe%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
2018-11-25 17:56:41 UTC
Hi,
Post by 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
Did you change something on the site? The prerelease at TW now seems to
work. But here's what I get when I use the empty prerelease from only a
Same here (I used the upgrader about 4 hours ago). Chromium on Linux.
On https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/, the plugin library seems fine.

Cheers,

Stef
2018-11-25 18:15:41 UTC
Nothing has been changed around the plugin library in the last several weeks.

TW allows multiple plugin libraries to be registered at once via tiddlers with the tag $:/tags/PluginLibrary. The core includes a tiddler $:/config/OfficialPluginLibrary that points to the current version of the plugin library. It's possible that you've got another tiddler overwriting that shadow, or multiple tiddlers with that tag and selected the wrong one.

Best wishes

Jeremy

***@jermolene.com
https://jermolene.com
2018-11-25 18:43:32 UTC
Hi Jeremy,
Post by Jeremy Ruston
TW allows multiple plugin libraries to be registered at once via tiddlers
with the tag $:/tags/PluginLibrary. The core includes a tiddler
$:/config/OfficialPluginLibrary that points to the current version of the
plugin library. It's possible that you've got another tiddler overwriting
that shadow, or multiple tiddlers with that tag and selected the wrong one.
While this might explain my issues with the upgraded TiddlyWiki, I also get
the same results at https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/empty.html. When I
click "Get more plugins", the older plugin library opens. Any explanations?

Cheers,

Stef
2018-11-25 18:50:11 UTC
Hi,
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Jeremy Ruston
TW allows multiple plugin libraries to be registered at once via tiddlers
with the tag $:/tags/PluginLibrary. The core includes a tiddler
$:/config/OfficialPluginLibrary that points to the current version of the
plugin library. It's possible that you've got another tiddler overwriting
that shadow, or multiple tiddlers with that tag and selected the wrong one.
While this might explain my issues with the upgraded TiddlyWiki, I also
get the same results at https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/empty.html.
When I click "Get more plugins", the older plugin library opens. Any
explanations?
FWIW, this is the code I get when I export the tiddler
$:/config/OfficialPluginLibrary from
https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/empty.html:

caption: {{$:/language/OfficialPluginLibrary}}
tags: $:/tags/PluginLibrary
title: $:/config/OfficialPluginLibrary
url: https://tiddlywiki.com/library/v5.1.17/index.html

{{$:/language/OfficialPluginLibrary/Hint}}

Kind regards,

Stef
2018-11-25 19:49:09 UTC
I get the same result when upgrading using the pre-release upgrade form
mentioned earlier in this thread. It kind of looks like "empty" and the
pre-release upgrader haven't been updated to the v18 library.

-- Mark
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hi,
Thomas Elmiger
2018-11-25 23:35:58 UTC
Some observations about the upcoming phantastic comments plugin—I
drag-n-dropped it from the prerelease (as my empty.html pointed to the
older library as well).

1) Changing the time (and date) all the time while typing makes the comment
section look unstable. The buttons move to the right and to the left due to
the different lengths of the numbers ... I would prefer that the time and
date are hidden while in edit mode (only the last timestamp will be saved
anyway, so the constant updates provide no value for me).

2) Readability: There is a lack of contrast in the title bar and I find it
hard to read CAPITAL LETTERS especially in longer words like NOVEMBER.
Comment author and date have a contrast ratio of 3.1:1 that qualifies for
large text only in AA standard according to WCAG2.0. Small text would be
AAA grade at 7:1 (I use this tool
<https://developer.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanalyser/> to
measure.)

3) Of course I could change 2) using my own stylesheet ... which leads me
to the last point: the class attribute of the buttons is empty. Could you
please use tc-btn-edit, tc-btn-cancel, tc-btn-delete and tc-btn-save or
something similar?

I am looking forward to the new release, thank you all for building such
great stuff!

-- Thomas
2018-11-25 18:55:51 UTC
Hi,
Post by Jeremy Ruston
Note that here I’m particularly interested in tracking down any bugs that
have been newly introduced in v5.1.18.
Something else I noticed: The "export tiddler" button in individual
tiddlers seems to be broken. It simply yields nothing in Chrome or Firefox
under Linux. The pop-up menu which would allow you to choose a file format
doesn't appear. Export via Advanced Search/Filter works fine.

Kind regards,

Stef
Mohammad
2018-11-26 05:02:48 UTC
Hello Jeremy!

The range operator seems have issues. I reproduced the bugs in attached tid
file which can be tested on https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/
It works wrongly for negative steps and when begin is smaller than stop.

The snapshot has given below!

Example 1

Works as expected.
The <step> is missing, so it is 1, the <begin> is missing, so it is 0

copy to clipboard

<$list filter="[range[10]]" variable="x">
<<x>>
</$list>

That renders as:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Example 2

Works as expected.
Only the <step> is missing, so it is 1

copy to clipboard

<$list filter="[range[3,10]]" variable="x">
<<x>>
</$list>

That renders as:

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Example 3

Works as expected.

copy to clipboard

<$list filter="[range[10,0,-2]]" variable="x">
<<x>>
</$list>

That renders as:

10 8 6 4 2 0
Example 4

Seems to work as expected.
is assumed as <step>. Other language like python return empty list!!

copy to clipboard

<$list filter="[range[10,0]]" variable="x">
<<x>>
</$list>

That renders as:

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
Example 5

Seems to work Wrongly.
empty list.

copy to clipboard

<$list filter="[range[1,10,-2]]" variable="x">
<<x>>
</$list>

That renders as:

1 3 5 7 9
Example 6

2018-11-26 09:58:06 UTC
Jeremy

A comment, rather than a bug finding. With the advent of "tilde" into
filters I wanted some notice on the fact that *on some countries keyboards
they are absent*. For instance the standard Italian keyboard for Windows
lacks both 'backticks' & 'tilde' (in all shift modes).

Of course there are ways around this issue. But its an instance of where TW
"meets the rest of the system". If a user not clear how to solve it is
problematic.

My wondering is whether we could use a key system IN TW now to address
this? To ease insertion of those vital characters. Or whether we need some
community resource to address it with explanation of ways round it?

BurningTreeC
2018-11-26 11:54:53 UTC
Hi @TiddlyTweeter

if it works for you, you can create a tilde shortcut that works in your
text-editor. I've attached a json file you can import in your wiki, just
set a shortcut for it in the controlpanel

BTC
AdamS
2018-11-27 01:42:22 UTC
I'm not sure if I'm doing this right as I'm simply using the prerelease
that is hosted rather than downloading an empty one. But the comments
plugin seems to have some strange functionality. Opening a comment and then
hitting cancel leaves an empty comment. It can be deleted but if the empty
comment has children (even children with text in them) hitting the new
comment button brings them all back. Like I say, I may just be doing
something incorrectly.
Mohammad
2018-11-30 20:44:09 UTC
*Export tiddler does not work on 5.1.18pre*

Hello Jeremy,

During testing the 5.1.18pre, I noticed the export function from a single
tiddler does not work! I even tested this
in https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/

_ Mohammad
2018-12-02 16:04:52 UTC
Many thanks to everyone for your feedback. There’s been a whirlwind of activity over the last week, with quite a few tweaks and fixes merged.

I’m hoping to release v5.1.18 tomorrow, 3rd December, so this is one last request to give the latest version as much testing as you can:

https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease

As usual, remember TFROUTW*, and please be defensive when you’re testing new software: take backups, and test those backups, before you do anything destructive.

The things that have changed since my original posting include:

* Fixed the location of the plugin library
* Improved styling for the comment plugin (I’ll revisit the problem Adam reported, and the slow refresh for v5.1.19)
* Improved the new range operator to use one-based indices, instead of zero-based
* Updated KaTeX to v0.10.0, and added support for chemistry equations
* Restored the animations in the tag editor and the “open” sidebar tab

The detailed changes can be found on GitHub:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commits/master

Best wishes

Jeremy.

* https://tiddlywiki.com/#The%20First%20Rule%20of%20Using%20TiddlyWiki
2018-12-02 16:22:08 UTC
Hi Jeremy,
I’m hoping to release v5.1.18 tomorrow, 3rd December, so this is one last
Great!

The "Export Tiddler" feature seems to work properly now.

* Fixed the location of the plugin library
The "Plugins" panel
at https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/empty.html#%24%3A%2FControlPanel
points to the right version now. However, the list of plugins seems to be
empty. Are there any explanations?

Kind regards,

Stef
2018-12-02 16:38:30 UTC
Hi Stef

Thank you, I’ve hopefully fixed that here:

https://github.com/Jermolene/build.jermolene.github.io/commit/1271dd152e67b049d124bad693c6278523f2c391

There’ll be a new build available in a few minutes for you to try,

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Mohammad
2018-12-02 17:35:58 UTC
The text area and preview seems have a new look! Is it customizable? if I
wish to use the previous styles in 5.1.17!

Mohammad
BurningTreeC
2018-12-02 18:06:14 UTC
@Mohammad, that's a change I proposed, I found the old editor look is ugly
... but I made a PR to give it its previous background color.

removing the box-shadow from the editor is just

.tc-tiddler-frame.tc-tiddler-edit-frame iframe.tc-edit-texteditor {
box-shadow: none;
}

to remove the border-radius:

border-radius: none;

to remove it from the preview:

.tc-tiddler-preview-preview {
border-radius: none;
}
Mohammad
2018-12-02 18:21:26 UTC
Many thanks Simon!
Yes, it gives a new taste! The important thing is I can customize it!

Thank you for all your efforts.

/Mohammad
2018-12-03 01:42:21 UTC
hi,

The editor box shadow and the rounded corners really hurt!!!

If we really want to keep it, we need to make it configurable AND switch
off by default.

-m
2018-12-03 08:38:10 UTC
Hi Mario
Post by PMario
The editor box shadow and the rounded corners really hurt!!!
If we really want to keep it, we need to make it configurable AND switch off by default.
Apologies that was merged in error, and is in the process of being revoked.

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Pit.W.
2018-12-03 17:16:59 UTC
pro
con
/
/ /shadows and rounded corners /consume screen real estate/
/
could help new users to identify fields with system functions (would they?)
are new for seasoned users, require adaption of the optical pattern
recognition

/configurable AND switch off by default/: adds additional complexity to
the core edition - confuses new users
cant see any more advantages

I'd say... drop it

Pit.W

S. S.
2018-12-07 05:38:57 UTC
I request that when the Editor is set to "*Automatically adjust height to
fit content*" that the new Editor allows the previous style of having a *minimum
size of 100px.*

The new style of having *just one line* in the edit box is confusing to me
- it is hard to click into it quickly, and it does not give the impression
that it is a multi line edit box for a lot of text.

I believe the old Editor had a preference :

var DEFAULT_MIN_TEXT_AREA_HEIGHT = "100px"; // Minimum height of textareas
in pixels

That was about 5 lines, which was comfortable.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but I could not find anything in the
new $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/codemirror/engine.js
<https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftiddlywiki%2Fcodemirror%2Fengine.js>
to change this.

If it is not desirable to have this minimum 100px, can we please have it
configurable for people like me?

Thanks.

S. S.
2018-12-07 08:32:41 UTC
Thank you. Uninstalling the *enabled by default* CodeMirror plugin on the pre-release
TiddlyWiki <https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/>, and then saving it, and
reloading the file, fixed the issue. The edit box once again has a text
entry area just like 5.1.17 - perfect !
Mohammad
2018-12-02 17:32:49 UTC
Many thanks for all your efforts Jeremy!

One question:

{{{ [range[1,10,-2]] }}}

returns 1357 while it is expected to return empty list! Note to the
negative step!

Is this intentionally set to have such output?

Also
{{{ [range[10,4,2]] }}}

returns
10864

I appreciate to clarify this!

Mohammad
BurningTreeC
Mohammad
2018-12-02 18:35:32 UTC
Thank you Simon!
But you can not have negative step from 1 to 10 and again you get 1,2,3....
I read the Evans formula and range code and it seems TW5.1.18 uses the same
code from Evans!

Evans code can be found here:
http://evanbalster.com/tiddlywiki/formulas.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Febalster%2Fformula%2Ffilters%2Frange.js

Look how the increment is calculated! I think it can be modified to handle
negative steps correctly!

Mohammad
2018-12-02 20:48:50 UTC
This

<$list filter="[range[10,1,-0.1]]"/>

works.

This also counts down:

<$list filter="[range[10,1,0.1]]"/>

So the code appears to figure out which way you want to count based on
whether start is greater than end, and uses the absolute value of the step.

-- Mark
Mohammad
2018-12-03 03:36:19 UTC
@Mark
That's right! But the code is error prone! If you change the begin end by
mistake it still works!
My sygesstion is

range[a,b], if a< b then step=1
range[a,b], if a>b then step=-1
range[a,b,c], if a<b, then c>0 otherwise empty list
range [a,b,c] if a a>b then c<0 otherwise empty list

The python range function can used to correct the code!

Mohammad
Evan Balster
2018-12-03 04:16:35 UTC
Hello, Mohammad, BurningTreeC, everybody —

I'm the author of the range filter. The long and short of it is, this is
not a "programmer's range" like a for-loop in C. This is a "layman's
range" which uses natural numbers by default, includes the end-value, and
counts from begin to end. The sign of step size is ignored. I chose to do
this instead of disallowing negative steps in order to make it
fault-tolerant and to make it behave as expected when counting down.

For example, range[10,0,2] produces 10,8,6,4,2,0 because we're counting
down by twos. range[10,0,-2] produces the same result because it's also a
reasonable way to ask to count down by twos. (We're allowing a double
negative, so to speak.) This intuitive behavior produces an unintuitive
behavior where range[0,10,-2] counts up... But in terms of the expected
uses of the operator, I think it's a purely aesthetic deficiency.

I would also like to implement a "programmer's range" at some point that
defaults <begin> to 0, does not include <end>, and respects the sign of
<step>, producing a zero-length list when it doesn't match up. That
operator would behave much more like a for-loop and would be used for
similar purposes, especially with my formula plugin. (I might introduce it
there before making a PR to TiddlyWiki.)
Mohammad
2018-12-03 04:27:55 UTC
Hello Evan,
Many thanks for your clarification! Formula plugin is a very useful tool
and I am using it. Yes, I expect a programmer range like Python.

What do you think if we make the below change in range.js code! I revised
it in Formula plugin
<http://evanbalster.com/tiddlywiki/formulas.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Febalster%2Fformula%2Ffilters%2Frange.js> here
in your formula wiki.

switch (parts.length) {
case 1:
beg = 0;
end = parts[0];
inc = 1;
break;
case 2:
beg = parts[0];
end = parts[1];
inc = 1;
break;
case 3:
beg = parts[0];
end = parts[1];
//inc = Math.abs(parts[2]);
inc = parts[2];

if (inc === 0) return ["range: increment 0 causes infinite loop"];

if (end>beg) {
if (inc < 0) return ["range: wrong increment, step>0 is
required"];

}

if (end<beg) {
if (inc > 0) return ["range: wrong increment, step<0 is
required"];

}

break;
}

// May need to count backwards
// var direction = ((end<beg) ? -1 : 1);
// inc *= direction;
var direction = 1;

Note to the part starts with
case 3:

Also I removed direction.

It works now as below:

range[a,b], if a< b then step=1
Post by Mohammad
range[a,b], if a>b then step=-1
range[a,b,c], if a<b, then c>0 otherwise empty list
range [a,b,c] if a a>b then c<0 otherwise empty list
I have attached the revised code here!

What do you think?

Mohammad
Mohammad
2018-12-03 04:34:42 UTC
Evan,

If we check the direction in switch case, then there is no need to correct
for it in

// May need to count backwards
// var direction = ((end<beg) ? -1 : 1);
// inc *= direction;
var direction = 1;

We can also check this for the part with two parameters e.g

range[a,b], if a< b then step=1
range[a,b], if a>b then step=-1

Mohammad
Mohammad
2018-12-03 05:02:39 UTC
Evan,
This is revised version of range.js based on your formula plugin. It seems
it can handle all cases.
I am not a JS programmer so it may need to clean up and improve for
performance.

Please have a look and let me know your opinion.

Best
Mohammad
BurningTreeC
2018-12-03 08:42:37 UTC
@pmario, @Mohammad, @all - the Text-Editor styling:

good News: the PR(s) I made to change the look has been reverted upstream
and the editor will have its old look when 5.1.18 gets released :o)

The style changes I proposed are of course a matter of taste and not fully
thought-through. I'm glad it's not landing in the release like this, but
I'd like to discuss it for 5.1.19 , where the discussion should go versus
customisability

all the best, Simon
Jan
2018-12-03 09:23:16 UTC
Hi Jeremy,
I just got a microscopic suggestion:
A second button below the default tiddlers to consolitate the current
story to default.

<$set name="myStory" filter="[list[$:/StoryList]!tag[excludeStory]]
-[[$:/core/ui/ControlPanel]]">
<$button tooltip="set the default tiddlers to the current
story">{{$:/core/images/save-button}} Story to Default
<$action-setfield $tiddler="$:/DefaultTiddlers" $value=<<myStory>>/>
</$button>
</$set>

I use it frequently.

Jan
2018-12-03 09:56:33 UTC
Hi Jan

I’m afraid we’re beyond the point of adding new features for v5.1.18. The point of the OP was to draw a line under the new features and focus on finding bugs :)

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Hi Jeremy,
Joshua Fontany
2018-12-05 01:56:06 UTC
Hi Jan,

I have found that if you include: [list[$:/StoryList]]
at the bottom of the list of default tiddlers (in settings), the wiki will
re-open any tiddlers you previously had open on re-loads.

Best,
Joshua Fontany
Hi Jeremy,
2018-12-05 01:06:34 UTC
Folks,

For a Test I have upgraded by 8MB personal task wiki to the 5.1.18
pre-release. I am doing my best to find something broken, and have not done
so, so far.

It exposed some unsaved drafts, I am using Timimi on FireFox/Windows

All looking good, I have being testing new features separately but my large
personal wiki did not break.