[tw] ThirdFlow Plugin Development Plugin 1.1.0 released
TheDiveO
2018-02-11 17:37:02 UTC
While working on my TwTube, TW5Awesome and TW5Roboto plugins I've noticed
some room for improvements in my ThirdFlow plugin development plugin.

GitHub project: https://github.com/TheDiveO/ThirdFlow

The "Plugin Sources" view in the "More" sidebar tab has received some love:
it now has a nice "+new plugin" action at the top, lists the number of
tiddlers that are part of a plugin, and has a new dropdown menu right
between a plugin icon and its name.

Creating a new plugin sends you right to editing, with a new "Plugin Meta
Data" editing view. This should make filling in the blanks much more easier
now. Of course, change PluginPublisher and PluginName in the plugin title
to something slightly more useful.

The next step usually will be to create the standard plugin boilerplate.
Now that's much easier than before: while your new plugin is still empty,
click on "add plugin boilerplate tiddlers". You'll then given the standard
tiddlers opened in the right places and waiting to be edited for their
content.

Also adding the real stuff to your plugin, such as Javascript macros,
filter operators, et cetera, use the new dropdown menu that sits right
between a plugin icon and the plugin name. It has this to offer:

When adding stuff using this menu, new tiddlers will be created with the
needed module-types and template code inside your plugin, ready for
editing. In addition, the new tiddlers will be places in convenient
locations inside your plugin in order to keep your plugin sources
organized. You can change these default locations, if you please, from the
new ThirdFlow tab in the Control Panel.

Happy TiddlyWiki plugin hacking!
-- TheDiveO
Diego Mesa