[tw5] Andtidwiki and android 8.1
stefan infp
2018-12-03 21:17:21 UTC
Can you use AndtidWiki on Android 8.1?
I cannot view any tiddlywiki file no matter I store then in andtidwiki
folder on internal memory or sdcard. It simply does not see the files.
Do you also experience this problem?
Ton Gerner
2018-12-04 10:17:34 UTC
Hi Stefan,

May be this helps:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/tiddlywiki/l04GTYt0DjM/Y4bftguABgAJ

Cheers,

Ton
stefan infp
2018-12-04 22:26:22 UTC
The problem is that I restarted the AndtidWiki application on Android after
I copied the TiddlyWiki file in internal storage and now it works.
But the idea is that I have a large SDCard and I would like to store my TW
file with external files on SDCard.
I searched for permissions and the Storage permission is enabled. I created
the andtidwiki folder on sdcard.
In the permissions it displays that andtidwiki was written for an older
version of Android.
What can I do to enable the SDcard support for this app on android 8.1?
2018-12-05 14:58:32 UTC
The developer of AndtidWiki indicated he would update it to cover the issue
you are having. As far as I know he hasn't. It now looks unlikely he will
as that was many months ago.

For a bit more background see:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/OmMiYXhJXKY/OxfHfVy_BAAJ and the
prior thread.

For general options on Android this may be helpful to read:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/GUnOZYd6_oY/MUQ200NvCgAJ
2018-12-05 16:21:10 UTC
Since Android 4.4 Google has been changing it's permissions model,
generally making things more restrictive. It's likely the old permissions
in the ancient andtidwiki no longer match the permissions Android 8.

Usually changing permissions in Android code is pretty simple, though I
suppose there have been enough other changes to complicate the update.

If the developer isn't going to maintain it, or otherwise profit from it,
it would be nice if the code was released to the public.

-- Mark
2018-12-06 20:42:37 UTC
... If the developer isn't going to maintain it, or otherwise profit from
it, it would be nice if the code was released to the public.
It is looking like abandoned. When I wrote some months ago to the author of
AndtidWiki he replied he would not release the code.

Just fyi, Josiah