[tw] external images and external file under nodejs
stefan infp
2016-11-27 16:45:59 UTC
I would like to create and display external images and external file (pdf -
inside iframe) in Ubuntu. I chosen the right type and created the
_canonical_uri field with the filename and path (images/696.jpeg) of the
image but it is not displayed. I wonder why? The image is located inside
the wiki folder (nodejs) in the images folder. The same with the pdf (i
chose HTML markup as type and the _canonical_uri field with the value: file
path and pdf file name). Thanks.
2016-11-27 17:02:02 UTC
Hi Stefan
I would like to create and display external images and external file (pdf - inside iframe) in Ubuntu. I chosen the right type and created the _canonical_uri field with the filename and path (images/696.jpeg) of the image but it is not displayed. I wonder why? The image is located inside the wiki folder (nodejs) in the images folder. The same with the pdf (i chose HTML markup as type and the _canonical_uri field with the value: file path and pdf file name). Thanks.
TiddlyWiki doesn’t currently serve tiddlers as static file attachments. See this issue for the background:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1000 <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1000>

Best wishes

Jeremy.
stefan infp
2016-11-27 17:20:40 UTC
That is sad, i hoped I can finally build my database in TW5. Thanks for the
answer.
Hi Stefan
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/99c304df-994e-4c1d-96c0-fca87a4213f5%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/99c304df-994e-4c1d-96c0-fca87a4213f5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
2016-11-27 17:24:29 UTC
Hi Stefan
That is sad, i hoped I can finally build my database in TW5. Thanks for the answer.
You should still be able to use external images with TW5 under Node.js. You can either keep your PDFs in a separate folder and refer to them via a file:// URI in your _canonical_uri field, or keep the PDFs under a separate web server (eg https://www.npmjs.com/package/http-server <https://www.npmjs.com/package/http-server>).

Best wishes

Jeremy
Hi Stefan
2018-08-06 12:15:52 UTC
Hello Jeremy,
could you please give a more detailed example on how to access PDF files
within a nodejs driven tiddlywiki.

I tried several solutions from the tiddlywiki help and tiddlers but I
didn't manage link to an pdf file in my wiki.
In the standalone HTML file I can use [[Book|file:\\\c:\tmp\book.pdf]]

Thanks a lot,
best regards
Peter
Post by Jeremy Ruston
Hi Stefan
That is sad, i hoped I can finally build my database in TW5. Thanks for the answer.
You should still be able to use external images with TW5 under Node.js.
You can either keep your PDFs in a separate folder and refer to them via a
file:// URI in your _canonical_uri field, or keep the PDFs under a separate
web server (eg https://www.npmjs.com/package/http-server).
Best wishes
Jeremy
Hi Stefan