[tw] [TW5] I want to put a thick line above each tiddler header
Chuck R.
2014-12-08 17:07:51 UTC
1. I know there are CSS stylesheets involved. Where is the documentation
for the stylesheets and overriding styles?
2. Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this? I learn best by
examples.

Thank you.
Chuck R.
2014-12-08 17:14:08 UTC
I'd like this change to be for all tiddlers in a single TiddlyWiki.

Also, here's a great free tool for getting color codes for colors, like for
CSS. http://www.colorpicker.com/
Chuck R.
2014-12-08 17:18:08 UTC
Sorry, this TiddlyWiki is on TiddlySpot.com.
Jon
2014-12-08 17:18:57 UTC
This is very handy as well: http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.php
Ton Gerner
2014-12-08 17:25:53 UTC
Hi Chuck,

Textual information can be found at [1], [2]

Use the developer tools of your browser (F12) to inspect the styles used in
TW5

There is a video "How to tweak a TW5 theme" from Mario Pietsch using the
developer tools [3].

Cheers,

Ton

[1] http://tiddlywiki.com/#Using%20Stylesheets
[2] http://tw5custom.tiddlyspot.com/#Stylesheets
[3]

Tobias Beer
2014-12-08 17:29:29 UTC
Hi Chuck,

Post by Chuck R.
the stylesheets and overriding styles?
TiddlyWiki.com can be and, in fact, is a great reference for many a things.
Do use it, exhaustively, e.g. searching for *StyleSheet*.

Other than that, use your browser's developer tools to inspect that element
of the page that is of interest to you.

Right click on the element and select "inspect", go to the html element
that you want to modify and in the lower right corner there is usually that
panel where you can change the element's css. Simply enter your desired
style, e.g. *border-top: 2px solid purple* and see if the outcome pleases
you, then try more stuff.

If you're on a tablet, things are going to be harder if not impossible.
Then you actually need someone giving you the required code... which is why
a class reference <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1142> amongst
others would be a neat thing.

Best wishes, Tobias.
Chuck R.
2014-12-08 17:41:25 UTC
Thank you. Apparently TiddlySpot has version 2.6.5, as I put "<<version>>"
in my main Menu tiddler, it gave me the version.
Ton Gerner
2014-12-08 17:45:11 UTC
Hi Chuck,

[TW5] in the subject line and v2.6.5 + mainmenu (both TW classic) don't
match.

Cheers,

Ton
Tobias Beer
2014-12-08 18:21:50 UTC
Post by Chuck R.
Thank you. Apparently TiddlySpot has version 2.6.5, as I put "<<version>>"
in my main Menu tiddler, it gave me the version.
So, are you looking at using TWc or rather TW5?

If the latter, follow these simple instructions to get your TW5 up on
TiddlySpot:

http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#TiddlySpot

Best wishes, Tobias.
Chuck R.
2014-12-08 18:25:07 UTC
Sorry for the confusion. The version of the TiddlyWikis was not on any
screens I could find on any examples, and I did not know the version I had.
I simply assumed the TiddlySpot default was TW5. And I can't edit the
subject line now. I'm remaking my test in TW5 now. It will be a local
file.This also might be why dragging a plugin to TW 2.6.5 didn't work for
me.