[tw5] Tiddler orphan status vs links in fields
Hubert
2018-12-03 14:07:55 UTC
Hello,

Currently, a tiddler is not reported as an orphan if at least one other
tiddler has a link to it in its text field. I've noticed that if a tiddler
has a link to another tiddler in any other field, that other tiddler will
remain an orphan despite in fact being linked to (from a non-text field).

Is there a hack to perform so as to make TW recognise the tiddler being
linked to as no longer an orphan if other tiddler or tiddlers link to that
one from an arbitrary field of theirs, rather than from their text field?

Apologies if I've worded this in a clumsy way. What I'm referring to here is
{{!!text}} as the actual body of a tiddler and
{{!!any_other_user-created_field}} as exactly that :).

Many thanks,
Hubert
2018-12-04 22:55:12 UTC
Hubert,

Perhaps some of the developers will see this and consider the gap you
identified. However perhaps in some way you are asking to redefine what an
orphan is, although it may make sense, perhaps it would have a performance
hit only for a few cases. Perhaps simply build your own filter to find the
tiddlers you are looking for

I imagine what you need to do is to use the filter
in $:/core/Filters/MyOrphans

[all[orphans]!has[tiddler-type]!tag[Journal]sort[title]]

and perhaps extend it with a search operator with the fieldname suffix, and
negation "!" to check for the non existence in your additional field(s).