[tw] [TW5] TopStoryView 0.0.10 (plugin) released
Felix Küppers
2015-04-04 10:02:47 UTC
TopStoryView is a TiddlyWiki plugin that adds another story view to
tiddlywiki.

See readme with description, instructions, screenshots @
https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TopStoryView

Excerpt from the readme
When opening or navigating to a tiddler, the site is scrolled until the
title of the tiddler reaches the very top of the browser window.
[...]
Tiddlers that do not exist in the story river are always inserted at the
very top. No matter from which point the where opened or created. Why? This
way it is ensured that the river reflects the browsing history. The motto
is: "new content pushes down old content". Alternatively, you can configure
the plugin to always insert a tiddler at the very top, even if it already
existed in the story river.
TiddlyMap uses this plugin for its "live view" (see http://bit.ly/tiddlymap)
2015-04-04 11:05:31 UTC
Hi Felix

Well done, looks great, and very nicely presented. I also enjoyed playing
with the latest TiddlyMap, it's come a long way.

Best wishes

Jeremy.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ce07e500-71f8-488d-bcfa-83e53223c726%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ce07e500-71f8-488d-bcfa-83e53223c726%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
mailto:***@gmail.com
Felix Küppers
2015-04-04 14:31:01 UTC
Hi Jeremy,

thank you for the positive feedback!

I also tested the TopStoryView-Plugin for the 5.1.8 preview and it all
works fine :)

The version history log of TiddlyMap has indeed grown pretty long and it
became quite sophisticated. I hope I can move away from the beta state in
the near future.

Once all my plugins "stabilized", maybe I could add them to the TiddlyWiki
plugin folder so they appear in the "Get more plugins" modal? Is this the
same as doing a pull request to the plugins folder?

-Felix
2015-04-05 19:01:34 UTC
@everyone - if you haven't tried TopStoryView then you should. Go
[[here|http://felixhayashi.github.io/TW5-TiddlyMap/index.html#How%20to%20install%20TiddlyMap%3F]]
and drag only the TopStoryView link into your TW.

@Felix,

* First: thank you for making this!!!

* IMO, once perfected, I hope it is included in core because of all
storyviews that display all open tiddlers at once, this is IMO the
"cleanest" and most "to the point" E.g Stacked storyview has a lot more
frills to it, but even Standard storyview which is more, um, "odd" in it's
behaviour unless you've become accustomed to it.

* For the above reason, I think TopStoryView deserves a dedicated site or a
dedicated section within some general site of yours, not merely as a part
in TiddlyMap. People can't be 100% sure they're getting all necessary parts
needed for it when they are to take it from a bunch of other stuff.

* Small bug(?): If you, for instance on the TiddlyMap site, click tab Open.
Then click the edit button on any tiddler not on top (i.e scroll down).
This sets the Draft on top... but this is not reflected in tab Open.

Felix Küppers
2015-04-06 21:39:59 UTC
Hi Mat!
Post by Mat
* First: thank you for making this!!!
Thanks for your very positive response and your kind words :)
Post by Mat
* IMO, once perfected, I hope it is included in core because of all
storyviews that display all open tiddlers at once, this is IMO the
"cleanest" and most "to the point" E.g Stacked storyview has a lot more
frills to it, but even Standard storyview which is more, um, "odd" in it's
behaviour unless you've become accustomed to it.
Thanks. I think the top story view is especially interesting for wikis that
are designed to be used as websites.
Post by Mat
* For the above reason, I think TopStoryView deserves a dedicated site or
a dedicated section within some general site of yours, not merely as a part
in TiddlyMap. People can't be 100% sure they're getting all necessary parts
needed for it when they are to take it from a bunch of other stuff.
I agree, I will put it on a demo site. I just hadn't found the time yet.
Its definitely on my list.
Post by Mat
* Small bug(?): If you, for instance on the TiddlyMap site, click tab
Open. Then click the edit button on any tiddler not on top (i.e scroll
down). This sets the Draft on top... but this is not reflected in tab Open.
True that! That needs a fix.

-Felix
Felix Küppers
2015-04-06 21:57:40 UTC
... I also want to improve the animations a bit which are borrowed from
"classic" at the moment.
Danielo Rodríguez
2015-04-08 10:42:58 UTC
Hello Felix,

Thank you very much for this and well done. I'm using it on a personal TW
based tool and it is improving the experience a lot: Tiddlers that would
not be visible after navigation (because you can see a small portion of
them already) are now displayed perfectly. Would be possible to change
where the tiddlers appears? I like how it navigates but I would prefer to
have the tiddlers appearing below the current one.

Thanks for this!
Felix Küppers
2015-04-08 11:05:23 UTC
Hi Danielo,

Thank you very much for this and well done.
Thanks :)
I'm using it on a personal TW based tool and it is improving the
experience a lot: Tiddlers that would not be visible after navigation
(because you can see a small portion of them already) are now displayed
perfectly.
Yes! :)
Would be possible to change where the tiddlers appears? I like how it
navigates but I would prefer to have the tiddlers appearing below the
current one.
I think this is possible. But could you please describe the issue a bit
more on github (https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TopStoryView/issues/3).

What I can do is to always open tiddlers at the bottom of the river instead
at the top.

I can also add an option to behave completely like "classic" but always
scroll the titles top...
Danielo Rodríguez
2015-04-08 15:46:18 UTC
Just to let everyone know, I'm not being rude leaving this conversation
unfinished. We are just discussing this topic on github.
Felix Küppers
2015-04-08 15:55:42 UTC
Post by Danielo Rodríguez
Just to let everyone know, I'm not being rude leaving this conversation
unfinished. We are just discussing this topic on github.
He is lying, we never had a discussion on github. Just kidding :)