[tw] Automatic Linking, possible in TiddlyWiki?
Radium
2016-05-19 22:57:53 UTC
Hello,

I'm deciding to store a very very large pile of text data inside
TiddlyWiki, and the scale and complexity of the text is so high that I will
start forgetting existing tiddler titles very soon.

So, I need a feature to automate the linking process for me:
Whenever there's a piece of text in a tiddler that matches the title of
another tiddler, it becomes a link to that tiddler automatically.

It is very essential for me.
How can I get this feature?
Danielo Rodríguez
2016-05-21 18:45:48 UTC
This has been discussed several times. It is doable, but it would be too costly to do it in real time. This means that you can write a plugin that creates links when you save the tiddler, but once you add new content you will be forced to update all the Tiddlers. It's not an easy task
2016-05-21 19:34:09 UTC
You wouldn't have to update all the tiddlers -- just the tiddlers you
wanted to view AND needed to be up-to-date. If the user wanted to be sure
that all links in the specified tiddler were current, they would edit/save
the tiddler. Or there could be a tool that would be occasionally run to
bring all the tiddlers up to date. This way the work-flow would only be
interrupted on an as-needed basis.

Mark
2016-05-22 16:44:21 UTC
I also think this would be very cool and useful.

In TW2 (i.e the earlier version of TW) fellow Tobias had (has!) the very
interesting LinkifyPlugin <http://linkify.tiddlyspot.com/> for exactly this.

...and of course; if you use purely CamelCased tiddler titles, then you
automatically get links.