[tw5] TW5 - Cardo - Tiddler subtitle (updated by, created by) is incorrect when Cardo is enabled
Yohan Fernando
2018-08-08 23:23:13 UTC
Hi Everyone,

Just discovered TiddlyWiki a few days back and I decided to install Cardo
as a GTD plug-in for all my tasks and projects.

When Cardo is enabled, all my tiddlers have the subtitle (? - not sure if
its the correct terminology) "Updated by 2nd October 2016 at 2:29pm (Created
by 2nd October 2016 at 2:29pm)" when Cardo is enabled. This happens on two
separate TiddlyWikis. If I disable Cardo, then the Tiddler subtitles
correctly show the date and time of the last update? (or when it was
created?) It also corrects all Tiddlers that were created when Cardo was
active, changing the previous subtitle to the correct one.

To check this, I started off with a fresh TiddlyWiki and then kept on
adding the various plugins I wanted (highlight.js, CodeMirror, KaTeX,
Cardo, TiddlyMap). I was able to reproduce the "glitch" with Cardo.
Everytime I disable Cardo, everything's fine and then enable it and it
comes back.

If required, both laptops I tried this are on Kubuntu 18.04, Firefox
62.0b12.

Cheers,

Yohan

[image: cardo_disabled_correct_info.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>

[image: cardo_enabled_incorrect_info.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>
2018-08-09 01:02:28 UTC
Yohan,

If you do an advanced search on subtitle and click on the shadows tab, you
will see listed (amongst others)

Note: If a tiddler is listed in bold, it has not changed from the default,
not bold it has being edited by someone/something

$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle
Which is where the display of the subtitle in the view template is actioned

Here is a copy of the unedited tiddler
<$reveal type="nomatch" state=<<folded-state>> text="hide" tag="div"
retain="yes" animate="yes">
<$link to={{!!modifier}}>
<$view field="modifier"/>
</$link> <$view field="modified" format="date"
template={{$:/language/Tiddler/DateFormat}}/>
</$reveal>

If you delete shadow tiddlers the original is restored.

Clearly Cardio thinks this needs customisation and changes this. You can
delete, change or edit it, or even search the cardio tiddlers and edit that
to stop it happening.

Yohan Fernando
2018-08-09 01:19:56 UTC
Tony,

Thanks for the message. The tiddler, $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle was
bold, but when I went to edit it, I had the little alert "This is a shadow
tiddler. Any changes you make will override the default version from the
plugin $:/plugins/Cardo"

The code in that tiddler was the same as you posted. I also have preview
enabled on my editor, and it seems to "preview" the correct Subtitle. The
type of the tiddler is "text/vnd.tiddlywiki". Should I remove that? I have
included a screenshot below.

[image: subtitle_tiddler_edit.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>

Cheers,

Yohan
2018-08-09 01:55:05 UTC
Yohan,

Your screen shot is too small to be readable,

That message indicates the cardio plugin is over riding the system
tiddler $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle

TiddlyWiki.com is a great place to go to find out what is the default (in
many cases) although a fresh empty wiki the best

When I edit the subtitle tiddler on TiddlyWiki.com I get the message
*You are about to edit a ShadowTiddler. Any changes will override the
default system making future upgrades non-trivial. Are you sure you want to
edit "$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle"?*

and It has NO content Type Set so perhaps you can delete that as well from
you cardo version.
I also recommend pasting the default over the tiddler in case there is a
subtle difference.

I imagine if you toggle cardio's plugin enable/disable you may or may not
override your edit to the above tiddler.

FYI: I am not a cardio user, just trying to help

Tony
Yohan Fernando
2018-08-09 03:44:57 UTC
Tony,

Managed to solve it! Thank you very much for your help! In case it helps
anyone else, I'll detail what I did below.

I followed your advice and copied in the Tiddler code for
*$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle* from an empty TiddlyWiki. I noticed that
the *$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle *tiddler didn't have the
*$;/tags/ViewTemplate* tag that the same tiddler of the empty TW did.
Copied that and also deleted the Content Type that Cardo included.

I assumed that the tag "*$;/tags/ViewTemplate*" may have something to do
with where the system "looks" for the definition of the Subtitle. Using the
tag, found, "*$:/plugins/Cardo/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle*". In that tiddler,
the editor preview showed me the incorrect subtitle which was being shown
everywhere. Removed the tag from *$:/plugins/Cardo/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle
*and its all good now!

FYI: I am not a cardio user, just trying to help
Many thanks for your help again. It was very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Yohan
2018-08-09 04:24:12 UTC
Great Yohan

*$:/tags/ViewTemplate *(with : not ; } is a tag that determins what to
show in the view template. Click on this tag or in a tiddler
{{*$:/tags/ViewTemplate*||$:/core/ui/TagTemplate}} and you can see
everything so tagged. You can even drag and drop the order.