[tw] [TW5] Cannot save username when running under node.js
Mal
2017-10-09 08:17:18 UTC
Hi All,

I have a tiddlywiki running under node.js and all seems to be working fine,
except that it refuses to save the tiddler "$:/status/UserName" when I
update this tiddler directly, or by editing the "Username for signing edits:
<http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fstatus%2FUserName>" field in
the Control Panel.

Any ideas on what could be the problem with this? Am I missing something
here?

Thanks,

Mal
Arlen Beiler
2017-10-09 13:24:04 UTC
I think you can specify it via the command line.
Post by Mal
Hi All,
I have a tiddlywiki running under node.js and all seems to be working
fine, except that it refuses to save the tiddler "$:/status/UserName" when
I update this tiddler directly, or by editing the "Username for signing
edits: <http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fstatus%2FUserName>"
field in the Control Panel.
Any ideas on what could be the problem with this? Am I missing something
here?
Thanks,
Mal
msgid/tiddlywiki/25140f5e-5f78-4792-9978-8ed78b8a799f%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/25140f5e-5f78-4792-9978-8ed78b8a799f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
2017-10-09 23:58:28 UTC
MAl,

I observe the same, behavior, however via tiddlyserver it does save the
user, in this case TiddlyServer is ultimately NodeJS and I am opening a
node tiddlywiki. I see that I have specified in the TiddlyServer
settings.json

"username": "",
"password": "",

Perhaps if you start Node server somehow with a user "" it will work for
you.

Arlen Beiler
2017-10-10 02:05:35 UTC
Here is a link to the docs for the TiddlyWiki server command:
http://tiddlywiki.com/#ServerCommand

As a side note, in checking this, TiddlyServer always sets the server
command to a blank username instead of the username in settings.json.
I've corrected this now in master. However, setting the username in
settings.json to a blank string will still have the same effect.

Arlen
Post by Mal
Hi All,
I have a tiddlywiki running under node.js and all seems to be working
fine, except that it refuses to save the tiddler "$:/status/UserName" when
I update this tiddler directly, or by editing the "Username for signing
edits: <http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fstatus%2FUserName>"
field in the Control Panel.
Any ideas on what could be the problem with this? Am I missing something
here?
Thanks,
Mal
msgid/tiddlywiki/050fe880-84d1-4253-b8d3-c3382dfe8664%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/050fe880-84d1-4253-b8d3-c3382dfe8664%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
Mal
2017-10-10 03:32:32 UTC
Thanks for the responses, guys.

Clearly, with the username coming from the server command line, it inhibits
the saving of "$:/status/UserName" to avoid confusion. At least I now have
a better understanding of how this works.

Regards,

Mal