Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming, this gives me
I don't know what kind of timeframe I'm looking at. It depends on my
schedule and everything.
for your one little Wiki.
If your Wiki is private, then obviously all the traffic would be just you.
Amazon web services has a pretty good model for this. Their prices are very
reasonable, and it appears that they have the tools for me to do it with.
I would probably lazy load everything besides the system tiddlers. Having
bandwidth as well.
Just thought I would address those now to clarify what I'm thinking.
These are all good suggestions, keep posting.
Post by Mat
- Something like the shut down TiddlySpace model (...or maybe that's
the same as the TiddlyWeb model?) with tiddlers as first class citizens
spanning across wikis so you can concoct TWs out of tiddlers in other TWs.
That was extremely cool and useful.
- But a big limitation with TiddlySpace was that it was limited to
that server so when it eventually shut down the connectedness between
(exported) wikis broke.
- ...so, for your service, other than export functionality to create a
- ...I'd also wish for some solution to export with intact
- *And the exporting solution must be without lock-in aspects, were
your service to shut down. No ransoms, and none of my darlings lost in
- Private by default. Click to publish.. some parts of it!
- Tiddler encryption.
- myprettyurl.com ...no? ok, then myprettyurl.yourprettydomain.com
...but I also somehow want subspaces... myprettyurl/music , mytw/coding,etc
that are "to the left in the url string". (yeah, I did say "somehow").
- VERY easy to make new TWs, even simpler than on TiddlySpot. Should
be doable: Click a button New TW and it gets a default url. Overwrite the
TW title and the url is replaced. It would be very valuable for everyone in
the community to zap up problem demos, minimal test cases etc.
- Related; easy import (copy) of external TW without need for
middle-step downloads to local computer. Give url, checkbox if "import
here" or "import to new url", click import ---> Bam!
- Unlimited amount of TWs and tiddlers.
- Separate non-wiki files... hm... I'd be OK with a file-size
restriction for non-wiki files.
- Absolutely no "enter your phone number", "credit card required",
"personal details". Instead pay e.g via paypal or amazon account to get an
ID but then identify via a nick and password.
- Publish to gallery / plugin store / ... maybe even a commercial
market place. You get a cut of each sale or perhaps special accounts have
...sky's the limit? Ok, throw in a better discussion forum than this
place. Based on some wiki type software that centers around small chunks of
text, if that exists ;-)
Pricing? TW is my cocaine so I guess I'm not the best at telling what is
reasonable, but I'd be prepared to pay a decent sum if I believed in the
service. But I'd want a one time sum, or perhaps once per 2 years. No
annoying "renew or lose it" subscriptions. What does "pay as you go" mean?
If it means a new payment for everything I do then it would definitely have
to be well hidden and not remind me of it all the time. I hate seeing the
taxi meter tick-tick-tick. But again, I want to feel 100% free to throw
together a quick demo or to illustrate some problem, as is the case on
TiddlySpot, but if it costed me money to help others then I wouldn't do
Really looking forward to this. Need a week? Two?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.