[tw] [TW5] Cannot save changes
AndrewMc
2017-10-18 23:38:12 UTC
Hi All

I have been using TW Classic for a number of years, but recently decided to
create a new TW using the latest TW5.
I have uploaded the new TW to TiddlySpot using Tobias Beer's instructions
at http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#TiddlySpot.
<http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#TiddlySpot>

I am using Firefox 56 on Windows 7 (but also use Firefox on Ubuntu Linux).

I have tried to edit the TW online and save the changes, but have had no
success. I have opened the TW on Tiddlyspot, added a new tiddler, and then
clicked on the red "Save changes" icon. This pops up a dialogue box to
either open "tiddlywiki.html" or to save it locally. I can do both options
successfully; that is, I can successfully open tiddlywiki.html (it is
stored as a temporary file locally) and I can successfully save
tiddlywiki.html to a local folder (and change the name to something more
relevant to me). However, this does not change the TW on Tiddlyspot. If I
reload the TW from Tiddlyspot, I just get the unmodified empty TW again.

Can anyone advise me on what I should do to, at the very least, save my
edits to Tiddlyspot?
Are there some instructions that I have overlooked?

I am very confused by this TW5 experience.

Cheers
Andrew Mc
Birthe C
2017-10-19 00:27:18 UTC
Hi Andrew,

Open controlpanel, saving, TiddlySpot Saver and check you have the correct
password for your tiddlyspot.

Hope you will be enjoying TW5,
Birthe
AndrewMc