[tw] [TW5] Translucent Tiddlers
Add Reply
c***@gmail.com
2017-08-08 21:19:46 UTC
How do I make tiddlers translucent?

Thank you in advance!
2017-08-08 21:55:42 UTC
Because a tiddler consists of several fields (e.g on for the title, one
for the tags, etc), I suggest you post a screen shot of a tiddler and mark
out exactly which parts you want transparent so it would be easier to give
an answer. Or maybe you want "everything that is white" to be transparent?

2017-08-09 09:14:05 UTC
Everything white being translucent. Or dark grey, in my case (custom palette).
2017-08-09 11:44:55 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Everything white being translucent. Or dark grey, in my case (custom palette).
Ok, then you can go to that custom palette and simply locate the color
fields that have that dark gray color code, and exchange the color code for
the word *transparent*. I think that should work. Because the changes apply
"live", you'll see exactly which parts of the tiddlers that are affected.

If you want your transparent palette to be a separate palette, as opposed
to modifying your current custom one, you can locate the custom palette
itself and make a copy that you rename to transluscent, apply it, and make
the changes there instead.

RichardWilliamSmith
2017-08-09 12:20:35 UTC
Hi Mat,

What would you put it if you wanted it only 50% transparent (~translucent).
It seems like 4/8 digit codes (with alpha channel in the last 1/2) are part
of the css 4 spec, but don't seem to be implemented right now (?)

Richard.
RichardWilliamSmith
2017-08-09 12:50:34 UTC
I'll answer my own question :) one way is to use 'rgba', like this
- rgba(52,200,52,0.2) where the last value it the alpha. Should also be
able to use 'hsl' but that doesn't seem to work (?)

Eric Shulman
2017-08-09 13:08:23 UTC
Post by RichardWilliamSmith
I'll answer my own question :) one way is to use 'rgba', like this
- rgba(52,200,52,0.2) where the last value it the alpha. Should also be
able to use 'hsl' but that doesn't seem to work (?)
The values for HSL are
hue = 0 to 360
saturation = 0% to 100%
lightness = 0% to 100%

Like this:
hsl(240,50%,90%)

You can also use HSLA, which includes an "alpha channel" value between 0
and 1 to specify the opacity:

Like this:
hsla(240,50%,90%,0.5)

* tested and confirmed on tiddlywiki.com

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools.com: "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals
RichardWilliamSmith