[tw] TW5 beginner: sidebar, css etc
sklpns
2018-02-11 11:33:12 UTC
Hello Tiddlywiki friends.
I am a long time TWC user just getting my feet wet in the TW5 world.
Hence a couple of absolute beginner's questions, if I may:

1. I can't figure out how to get the recent tab in the sidebar show every
tiddler edited chronologically.
It obviously only shows only ''regular'' and not system tiddlers?

(context: I need everything to be there, otherwise
I'm lost as far as getting back from mistakes is concerned.

2. I managed to create a button like this
<$button set="ViewerSource"
setTo='file://C:/Google%20Drive/Documents/test.pdf'>test</$button>
How can I add an action to the button so the first thing it does is to
switch the sidebar to a specific tab?

Also: how do I get the above to be a text link instead of a button?

(context: I've added a tab called viewer at the sidebar. It transcludes the
ViewerSource tiddler which loads an iframe of
file://C:/Google%20Drive/Documents/test.pdf. So it's a viewer. But if
there's another tab open I need to switch to Viewer
prior to loading the iframe per the button)

3. I need to get a third state for the topbar button: fullscreen sidebar

(context: currently it toggles between story river fullscreen and story
river+sidebar.
I need a third state, fullscreen sidebar to be toggled in order to show the
aforementioned Viewer fullscreen for beter reading)

4. (This is not nagging. I absolutely love TW for the past 10+ years in its
various incarnations and I can only suspect and respect the amount of
effort that took place behind the scenes and also by the community). Any
idea how to speed TW5 up? True, I am using an old laptop, which however has
an i5-***@2.5 GH and 6GB of RAM. Seems sluggish to me, maybe because of
using FF portable ESR (for saving reasons)?. Also: any intermediate guide
out there for newbies minus?. I mean beyond the basic operations but not
necessarily as deep as developer level (also welcome). Something like
''what you used to do with PageTemplate now you do with
...........................'' or ''the equivalent of inline scripts using
InlineJavascriptPlugin is .............. and works thus................''
or ''widget/filters/whatever does this or that for you with this or that
syntax''.

5. Any chance whatsoever to port TW5 plugins to TWC? (http://tiddlymap.org/
in mind). Are the two completely incompatible?

Hope this all makes sense and apologies for n.4, if one needs to study a
bit then one needs to study and TWC is always there, no worries.

Thanks in advance
sklpns
BurningTreeC
2018-02-12 05:40:31 UTC
Hello @sklpns

1) you can create a tiddler and tag it $:/tags/SideBar, that will add it
as a sidebar tab
then you can list all tiddlers chronologically like this:

<$list filter="[all[tiddlers]!sort[modified]limit[100]]">

<$link to=<<currentTiddler>>><<currentTiddler>></$link> //see here
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#LinkWidget> for infos about the link widget

</$list>

2)
<$button class="tc-btn-invisible">
<$list filter="[all[tiddlers]prefix[$:/state/tab/sidebar]]"
variable="sidebarState">
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<sidebarState>> $value="title of the tab
tiddler, for example: $:/core/ui/SideBar/Tools"/>
</$list>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="ViewerSource"
$value="file://C:/Google%20Drive/Documents/test.pdf"/>
action!</$button>

BTC
Ton Gerner
2018-02-12 10:48:04 UTC
Hi sklpns,

Post by sklpns
(context: currently it toggles between story river fullscreen and story
river+sidebar.
I need a third state, fullscreen sidebar to be toggled in order to show
the aforementioned Viewer fullscreen for beter reading)
Not exactly where you are after but may be it can help.
Have a look at my Tristate plugin, see http://tw5tristate.tiddlyspot.com/
You can test it there as well.

Cheers,

Ton
sklpns
2018-02-13 16:06:31 UTC
Dear friends,
thank you very much, testing as we speak.

Thanks,
sklpns