[tw] Wonderful TiddlyMap in late ß
Eneko Gotzon
2017-10-05 00:18:37 UTC
Hi Code Geniuses!

TiddlyMap seems to be a wonderful plugin that combines, in a single
application, the strengths of wikis & concept maps. I was looking for
something like TM for personal knowledge management, so THANK YOU very much!

QUESTION. ​TM is in its late beta-phase​. Practicing a correct backup
strategy, is it suited to deal with valuable information? Is there risk of
catastrophic data loss?

​Thank you very much wonderful codemasters
 :)

​Take a lot of care​; we need you
 :)
--
*Eneko Gotzon Ares*
*Izan, egon, egin*
Alex Hough
2017-10-05 13:44:33 UTC
As long as you save often there should be no problem: use the node version
to be sure

I have had a few problems when using with other plugins - one of the kanban
ones for example.

Alex
Post by Eneko Gotzon
[...]
msgid/tiddlywiki/CAKzrwxCH2juTuSiJbnSGQJ0b8JT0g
h4RkAQGzNP61zyZEAWGdQ%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAKzrwxCH2juTuSiJbnSGQJ0b8JT0gh4RkAQGzNP61zyZEAWGdQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
Felix Küppers
2017-10-07 16:42:24 UTC
Hi Eneko,

thanks for your positive feedback. much appreciated.

Post by Eneko Gotzon
strategy, is it suited to deal with valuable information? Is there risk of
catastrophic data loss?
The current TiddlyMap codebase hasn't change much in the past months and no
bugs related to a loss of data have come up so far. TiddlyMap always warns
you when deleting content/tiddlers or relations between tiddlers so there
is an extra safeguard against accidentally erasing content.

Another thing to mention is that I always try to make sure that every
tiddlymap update is backwards-compatible with your existing data structure,
so you do not lose any of your existing maps. If at one point an update
were to be introduced that would break backwards-compatibility, I would of
course highlight that.

So to sum it up: I am not aware of a risk of data loss related to
TiddlyMap, yet, make sure to periodically backup your data and especially
before doing any updates.

Best wishes
Felix