[tw] HTML meta tags -- A query
2017-05-17 18:33:44 UTC
I'm not clear on using HTML Meta tags in TiddlyWiki. I have a case that I
hope makes clearer why I'm interested in this ...

1 - Twitter has a discovery mechanism for "Twitter Cards"

2 - The "cards" are constructed by Twitter from data in HTML Meta tags
in the header of a designated page ... (See:
https://dev.twitter.com/cards/types/summary for basic details of the
mechanism)

This "card mechanism" is used on other social networks too.

I'm very interested if I can directly create Meta tags from a Tiddler that
will enable me to benefit from this Twitter feature? Is there anyway to do
that, to get them inside the <head> element? OR do I have to manually add
them?

2017-05-17 18:41:47 UTC
you can add meta tags to a wiki by putting them in a tiddler with the
$:/tags/RawMarkup tag. You need to save and reload to have it take effect.

Whatever html is in the text field of the tiddler will be added to the head
element of the html file.