[tw] Re: Is latest Tiddlyfox 2 necessary?
Robert Edwards
2017-08-04 20:02:07 UTC
Its was done because* new users were NOT noticing the state of the TW
saving toggle* in the address bar ("cat on world", later "ticks &
crosses") and losing work.
And not-so-new users as well, who didn't notice their 1.x TF had been
automatically and silently upgraded.... <raises hand>
2017-08-04 22:42:19 UTC
Ciao Mark S. & Arlen

Okay. I give up.

I just had a conversation with Jeremy Ruston about TiddlyFox.

We are both clear there was reason to go to version 2, some kinda threat
from Mozilla that will land soon.

Even he can't quite remember what it was. Then, after he'd updated it for
whatever it was, it got complicated because users were NOT noticing the
small cat on globe. That led to some tick sign thing to replace the cat.
That didn't last long before the current mature 2 which gives you a big
sign to save (that WORKS) and reversion to cat on globe.

Mark S. I'd just use what you are using till it fails and try the latest
TiddlyFox then.

Josiah
Ciao Arlen, I absolutely knew in the back of my mind that someone would
write that and cause me to have to lookup stuff... :-)
... Mark is wondering about version 1.0 alpha 18.1 vs version 2.x. What
is the difference between the two and is there a compelling reason to
upgrade to 2.x?