[tw] Announcing v0.0.11 of TiddlyDesktop
2018-02-01 19:40:56 UTC
I’m pleased to announce the release of v0.0.12 of TiddlyDesktop

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/releases/tag/v0.0.12 <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/releases/tag/v0.0.12>

• Update to nw.js v0.28.0
• Allow wiki list to be reordered with drag and drop
• Add support for disabling backups for individual TW5 wikis
• Fixed two crashes on quit
• Fixed two issues with TiddlyWiki Classic wikis crashing
• Fixed handling of non-ASCII filepaths for TWC and TW5 on all platforms

<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/releases/tag/v0.0.11>Questions/comments welcome,

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Raymond McDowell
2018-02-06 11:30:17 UTC
Ciao Jeremy

*Thanks for adding the option to disable backups! *

I notice the backup folder is still created even if you switch off backups
for a TW. I guess they are problematic to disable too? Its just I end up
with a few irrelevant folders. But I'm assuming you doing it that way to
ensure old backups would be preserved?

2018-02-08 19:08:57 UTC
Hi Josiah
I notice the backup folder is still created even if you switch off backups for a TW. I guess they are problematic to disable too? Its just I end up with a few irrelevant folders. But I'm assuming you doing it that way to ensure old backups would be preserved?
In my testing the backup folder is only created if a backup is created. Are you able to duplicate the problem with v0.0.13?

Best wishes

Jeremy
2018-02-08 20:08:33 UTC
Ciao Jeremy

I can replicate it on v0.0.13. I watched the folders in an explorer to see
what happens.

1 - Switch Off "enable backups" for Crusoe TW

2 - Delete the old backup folder for Crusoe TW

3 - Create a new Tiddler for Crusoe TW. It saves. NO folder is created.

4 - Click "reveal backups" for Crusoe TW and

*a backup folder is created.*So, the act of checking if a backup folder
exists creates a backup folder :-).

People tell me I press buttons too much :-)

Hi Josiah
2018-02-08 20:27:59 UTC
Hi Josiah
So, the act of checking if a backup folder exists creates a backup folder :-).
Ah, the underlying primitive in nwjs that opens a folder seems to helpfully create the folder if it doesn’t exist. Not sure if it’s worth fixing,

Best wishes

Jeremy
2018-02-06 11:40:30 UTC
Ciao Jeremy

I just wanted to add that the simplicity of the design, the looks, is
excellent. For TW where the end user needs a dedicated "app" its really
good. The setup method is also likely the easiest to get folk started.

2018-02-08 19:08:25 UTC
I just wanted to add that the simplicity of the design, the looks, is excellent. For TW where the end user needs a dedicated "app" its really good. The setup method is also likely the easiest to get folk started.
Thanks Josiah, the new v0.0.13 release has some further refinements to the UI that I’m hoping make things a bit clearer and certainly less enthusiastically animated.

Best wishes

Jeremy
Sylvain Naudin
2018-02-06 20:00:32 UTC
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for this update.
Just wondering, if you could make an option to create empty TW directly
from TiddlyDesktop ? It would be great and a ready to use solution.

Cheers,
Sylvain