[tw] Tidgraph question
Ste Wilson
2017-10-07 16:57:01 UTC
I use the wonderful tidgraph (https://ihm4u.github.io/tw5plugs/#Tidgraph%20-%20Easy%20tiddler%20graphs%20for%20TW5) I'm my Wiki.
Quick (hopefully) question. Is it possible to have a default view where the graph is collapsed to the first level?

Cheers

Stephen.
2017-10-08 00:43:23 UTC
Ste,

Thanks for introducing me to this nice tool. Using it on the
TableOfContents is great because it is quite compact.

I tried the developer tools in FireFox to see if I could find what expands
and collapses things with no luck.

Ste Wilson
2017-10-08 18:27:01 UTC
Glad you have found it
I like it :)

Might see if I can drop a linen to the author...
2017-10-08 23:29:30 UTC
For those who pass here later; here is a directory I have created using
Tidgraph, just to give you an idea.
Pit.W.
2017-10-09 10:39:28 UTC
Hello Ste,

I have something which is a workaround; but it has some risks:so test it
in a sandbox which you can throw way

My workaround

1. The tiddler calls tidgraph like this:
1.             <$tidgraph start={{!!title}}
layout={{!!layout}}  mode={{!!graphmode}}
maxdepth={{!!maxdepth}} startat={{!!startat}} tooltip="foo
bar summary  caption" nodetemplate={{!!template}}/>
2. Note the expressions: maxdepth={{!!maxdepth}}
startat={{!!startat}}
3. The values for the two variables are stored in the fields of
the calling tiddler
4. There is a conditional view template, which is conditioned:
<$list filter="[all[current]search[<$tidgraph]]">
1. In it I have some gadgets to select values for the fields
2. if I set startat=0 and maxdepth=1, the graph is collapsed
2. The risk:
1. If
1. you use the line 1.1.1,
2. In a tiddler which does not have the fields
3. and you have preview mode switched on
2. the TW crashes, often beyound repair - due to the absence of
the two fields
3. Solution:
Create tiddlers with a tidgraph with a button, from a template,
which already has the required fieldswith values

Greetings
Pit
magasine
2017-10-10 17:40:10 UTC
Hello

I chose to create a template that I called "Template - MindMap" with the
following information:

!! {{!! summary}}
<$ button>
<$ action-navigate $ to = "Menu" />
Menu
</ $ button>
<$ button set = !! setto = "S"> {{$: / core / images / chevron-down}} </ $
button>
<$ button set = !! </ setup> </ script>
<$ button set = !! maxdepth setTo = "- 1"> Min </ $ button>
<$ button set = !! maxdepth setTo = "1"> 1 </ $ button>
<$ button set = !! maxdepth setTo = "2"> 2 </ $ button>
<$ button set = !! maxdepth setTo = "3"> 3 </ $ button>
<$ button set = !! maxdepth setTo = "10"> Max </ $ button>
^^ @@ color: gray; ({{!! !! maxdepth}}) @@ ^^

<$ tidgraph start = {{title}} maxdepth = {{!! maxdepth}} layout = {{!!
layout}}

For rendering, create any tiddler with a tag name and place the
transclusion statement in the body:

{{|| Template - MindMap}}

and also the following fields:

maxdepth = 2
layout = E
summary = abc

Greetings
Alex Hough
2017-10-11 08:11:44 UTC
Hi Magasine,

that look great!

could you post a tiddler?
When I copy the code above there are various spaces... i can't get it to
work:(

Alex
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UKM5LmltGog/Wd0Fsw6bNJI/AAAAAAAAbSA/JM2W9CyME44x9wCWkSWi75hXaO-vymkmgCLcBGAs/s1600/img_tidgraph_levels.jpg>
Post by Ste Wilson
I use the wonderful tidgraph (https://ihm4u.github.io/tw5pl
ugs/#Tidgraph%20-%20Easy%20tiddler%20graphs%20for%20TW5) I'm my Wiki.
Quick (hopefully) question. Is it possible to have a default view where
the graph is collapsed to the first level?
Cheers
Stephen.
msgid/tiddlywiki/d04b8cc0-7dce-4913-b3ad-5ebb49ade932%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d04b8cc0-7dce-4913-b3ad-5ebb49ade932%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
magasine