[tw] Re: TW5: How to move the sidebar from the right side to the left
Add Reply
Diego Mesa
2017-10-09 21:15:51 UTC
Hello - did you ever figure this out?

Thanks
Hi
Is there a way to simply move the sidebar from the right to the left? I'd
really rather not have to completely reconstruct the main sidebar from
scratch, and I don't like having both a right and a left sidebar. I was
reading a thread where someone constructed a new sidebar, called the
LeftBar, but that's a seperate thing from the normal right sidebar. The
topbar was nice too, but I never figured out how to customize it, and it
was a bit clunky (especially when there would be popups appearing
underneath it instead of below it.
Thanks a bunch!
Jared
Arlen Beiler
2017-10-09 21:23:50 UTC
Just checked here. It's just a matter of switching the sidebar from right
to left in the css. The story river needs to be moved as well. Sorry,
that's obvious from an end user standpoint, but I mean that in CSS terms.

Apparently the CSS for that is around line 750
in $:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/base

I'm sure you'll have some tweaking to do. But that looks like the way you
would do it.
Post by Diego Mesa
Hello - did you ever figure this out?
Thanks
Hi
Is there a way to simply move the sidebar from the right to the left? I'd
really rather not have to completely reconstruct the main sidebar from
scratch, and I don't like having both a right and a left sidebar. I was
reading a thread where someone constructed a new sidebar, called the
LeftBar, but that's a seperate thing from the normal right sidebar. The
topbar was nice too, but I never figured out how to customize it, and it
was a bit clunky (especially when there would be popups appearing
underneath it instead of below it.
Thanks a bunch!
Jared
msgid/tiddlywiki/6ddeb404-ad6d-4a6a-a8cc-00fe9adc428c%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6ddeb404-ad6d-4a6a-a8cc-00fe9adc428c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
Birthe C
2017-10-10 09:02:06 UTC
I tried that long ago. I just upgraded and cleaned out at least most of my
notes. Find it here: http://leftie.tiddlyspot.com/

Hope you will get some ideas,
Birthe
Sylvain Naudin
2017-10-10 09:04:38 UTC
Hello,

You can check Riz work here with a ready to use json :
https://tesseract-index.bitbucket.io/UI/leftsidebar.html

Cheers,
Sylvain