[tw] Newtiddler Widget ($:/plugins/skeeve/newtiddler): Doesn't navigate to
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-11 19:34:56 UTC
Hello everybody,

I imported the $:/plugins/skeeve/newtiddler, to be able to have a button
for building automatically a new tiddler by template and add automatically
some tags to the new tiddler.

Everything works fine, except that, when the new tiddler is created, it
doesn't navigate to and doesn't open it in edit mode.

In a skeleton I wrote:
<$set name="tag1" value="[[Tag1]] [[Tag2]]"><$newtiddler title="Newtiddler"
skeleton="TemplateExample" edit="yes">+Z</$newtiddler></$set>

Clicking on the "+Z"-Button builds a tiddler called "Newtiddler" with
everything in it (formatted text and so on) what the "TemplateExample" has
and adds Tag1 and Tag2 to it.
But, as I said, it doesn't open it in edit-mode and doesn't navigate to it.
I have to got to the recent-tab and open it from there.

Hackable? Or did I something wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Surya
Birthe C

Birthe C
2018-02-11 20:57:07 UTC
I get it, you are using the old version without editing it.
http://tiddlystuff.tiddlyspot.com/#Newtiddler%20Widget

Birthe
2018-02-11 21:14:48 UTC
Skeeves stuff is getting old, and was written before there were new-tiddler
tools in the core. Consider using
https://tiddlywiki.com/#WidgetMessage%3A%20tm-new-tiddler .

-- Mark
Birthe C
2018-02-11 21:20:49 UTC
You are totally right, Mark.

It was mostly created for us to create tiddlers from template, silently and
without opening i edit mode.

Birthe
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-11 22:29:07 UTC
I cannot bring it to work with both:
Putting the formatted text from the template into the new tiddler AND add
some tags to it.

With

<$button message="tm-new-tiddler" param="TaskTemplate">New Task</$button>
works fine, adds the formatted text to the new tiddler.

With

<$button> <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title="This is newly created tiddler" tags="OneTag [[Another Tag]]" text=<<now "Today is DDth, MMM YYYY">>/> New Tiddler </$button>
Works fine too, creates a new tiddler with the title "This is newly created tiddler", with the tags "OneTag" & "Another Tag" and the text "Today is 11.02.2018".

But I couldn't find out how to combine them...
2018-02-11 23:08:07 UTC
In what manner do you want them combined? The 2nd method seems to give most
everything you want. If you want to pull the tags from somewhere else then
you could use:

<$button> <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title="This is
newly created tiddler" tags={{MyTemplate!!tags}} text=<<now "Today is

'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-11 23:53:26 UTC
Hi,

I'd like to automatically create a new tiddler with the content (formatted
text) of another tiddler called for example "Template" and added tags (for
example "Tag1" & "Tag2").
The title is not so important.

Writing the text into the 2. method doesn't bring the wanted result,
because there are <div style, transclusions and other commandos in it.

Possible?

The skeeve-plugin does it, but only not navigating to & not opening it in
edit-mode.
Surya
2018-02-12 02:15:44 UTC
Post by 'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
Writing the text into the 2. method doesn't bring the wanted result,
because there are <div style, transclusions and other commandos in it.
Don't understand what you mean here. You should be able to use
*text={{TemplateTiddler!!text}}* to bring in whatever is in your template
tiddler.

-- Mark
'Surya' via TiddlyWiki
2018-02-12 02:33:02 UTC
Hello Mark,

thanks !!

With that I get what I want :-)

How should I have known that?? I didn't found anywhere written something
like this, sorry.

However, thanks!
Surya