[tw] [TW5] Plugins Updated: ToDoNow and Listreveal
Add Reply
Thomas Elmiger
2017-05-13 18:15:15 UTC
Hi all

With enormous gratitude for inspiring users like *Mark S.* and *Josiah*
(aka @TiddlyTweeter) who contributed many ideas and testing: My plugins are
updated (and still worked in my first test).
*Warning: only tested with TW 5.1.14!*

===

*ToDoNow*
My helper to get things done got several new features, optimisations and
enhancements:

* reordered icons in ToDo lists
** first deadline (if available by kixam-plugin), then priority
* archive tasks to get them out of the lists
** new button in ToDoDone list
** new tiddler ToDoArchive with keyword and tag search
* deadline handling improved
** new set of icons
** delete deadline (hover over date)
* view template to show ToDo info on all relevant tiddlers (single view)
* tag and priority changes don’t affect modified timestamp (TW 5.1.14)
* new empty message for ToDoNow section
* bugs fixed on Work-Report (now part of the plugin)
* better readme documentation and examples (see this link
<https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2FControlPanel:ToDoNow%20%24%3A%2FControlPanel>
)

===

*Listreveal*
My tool for listing tiddlers got some updated button macros and CSS – no
big deal.

===

*As always: remember to back up your wikis before you try my stuff.*

You can find the plugins here:
http://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#Get%20More%20Plugins – feedback ist highly
appreciated!

(There are still some ideas from Josiah and Mark on my consideration list,
but please don’t hold your comments back.)

Happy doing and have a nice weekend!
Thomas
Thomas Elmiger
2017-05-14 05:31:28 UTC
I just realized that the demo ToDo list might be hard to find when coming from my links above – it’s here: https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#ToDoNow

Have fun!
2017-05-14 12:01:24 UTC
Ciao Thomas

I went back, for a moment, to trying to think *what do I need know upfront
as a naive new user of ToDoNow?*

I think its knowing upfront what its main functional units are ...

- ToDoNow main
- Work Reporting
- ToDoArchive

Blessings on your keeping on refining this great tool!
Josiah
2017-05-14 16:14:46 UTC
Great stuff, Thomas!

For my own use, I really need a way to hide away much of the "waiting
list". Perhaps other people do not collect large number of "pending"
activities. Well, that's why I need a todo list. I've slipped in code to
let me hide a certain priority (priority "W" for wait, in my case).
Eventually I would like to be able specify a filter to insert so that I
don't see "M" (Maybe someday) and "P" (Pending other resources).

Thanks!
Mark
Thomas Elmiger
2017-05-14 17:59:24 UTC
Thank you Mark!

Would you paste your code and maybe a screenshot of your interface, so I can get a betrer understanding of your extension?

(I don’t need this at the moment, but your wish is on my consideration list.)

The fact that you found a solution to adapt the tool to your needs is a proof of TiddlyWiki’s flexibility. But of course I would like to see your solution too.

All the best,
Thomas
Thomas Elmiger
2017-05-16 21:15:40 UTC
Dear Mark and Josiah

Everything is possible – let’s see if it is useful! Your wishes have been
integreated in the newest, most beautiful and best ever ToDoNow and
Listreveal plugins :–D

Mark, you can activate your personal filter and a new button for the
user-filter on a tab in the plugin details of ToDoNow or directly on the
new tiddler here:
https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2Ftodonow%2Fuser-filter
– maybe you would not need the instructions but I hope they will be useful
for other people. *It is recommended to close ToDoNow while editing filters
(else you will jump to the results after every character you type). If
anyone could give me a hint how to fix this that would be great!*

Happy testing, let me know if this works for you!
Thomas
Post by 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
For my own use, I really need a way to hide away much of the "waiting
list". Perhaps other people do not collect large number of "pending"
activities. Well, that's why I need a todo list. I've slipped in code to
let me hide a certain priority (priority "W" for wait, in my case).
Eventually I would like to be able specify a filter to insert so that I
don't see "M" (Maybe someday) and "P" (Pending other resources).
A request that items on the ToDoArchive page have a DELETE button, so you
don't have to open them to delete them.
2017-05-16 22:34:05 UTC
Hi Thomas,

I had been working on my own method of inserting a filter, but this is
better!

Now all I need are smart tiddlers that will do the tasks for me ...

Thanks!
Mark
2017-05-20 08:13:45 UTC
Ciao Thomas

Small suggestions to make using this a bit easier for beginners ...

Maybe ADD links at the bottom of ToDoNow tiddler to ... (a) ToDoArchive and
(b) Work-Report?

Why?

Because at the moment its maybe not entirely clear how to get to them.
I guess this is because they are part of the plugin.
Please note they do NOT appear in the normal search despite having normal
titles ...

2017-05-14 12:24:49 UTC
Ciao Thomas

Great that the Work Report is now working without that weird problem with
entering the days!

There is what looks like a weird BUG. I tested as follows ...

1 - Downloaded your plugins Tiddlywiki
2 - Created a new ToDo Tiddler via the Green "+". It looks like this ...

3 - Click the checkbox on the left with the "Green Tick" and you get this

Thomas Elmiger
2017-05-14 13:22:43 UTC
Ciao Josiah,

Thank you very much for this bug report! It is fixed now.
(I reuse a function originally designed for tiddlers tagged "ToDoNow" also
for "ToDo" – but it didn’t remove the ToDo tag
)

The update also includes a new *try-out* tab in the plugin info, so a demo
is always available.

Cheers,
Thomas
2017-05-14 14:06:29 UTC
Ciao Thomas

Great stuff. Thanks!

One small comment on the Checklist Plugin. Its been updated several times.
Its now up to v 0.0.13. Its now got some simple configuration options. See: Grosinger's
Checklist Plugin <https://grosinger.net/tw5-checklist/#HelloThere>.

That plugin works really well with ToDoNow. I similarly appreciate its
minimalism.

Post by Thomas Elmiger
It is fixed now.

2017-05-22 11:46:17 UTC
Ciao Thomas

There is still a bug in the Work-Report.

Try this ...

1. Create a new normal tiddler with no tags;
2. Open Work-Report and set "days back" to "1", and set projects to "all
projects";

*The Tiddler just created appears on the report, but it shouldn't, it's not
in ToDoNow.*

2017-05-22 12:17:50 UTC
Ciao Thomas

I get where you are coming from but transposed to my situation where I need
an ALL PROJECT report that is NOTHING BUT explicit ToDoNow projects it
produces chaos :-). To give an example: in this screenshot items in yellow
should NOT be on it for my use ...

Buongiorno
Josiah
Not sure this is a bug – you have been working on that tiddler and it’s
not excluded by your choice of project ;–)
Juan Palomo
2017-06-21 08:38:40 UTC
Hi Thomas!!!

ToDoNow is incredible, your add-on is cool, simple and effective.

I only have one suggestion to improve its usability. You should have a
button to assign the category the same way you assign a deadline or task
priority.

Greetings.
Thomas Elmiger
2017-06-21 09:50:15 UTC
Hi Juan

Did you notice the tag icon in the top left corner of open tasks? It allows
to assign tags based on all tasks in the list as well as to remove a tag
with a click.
See pic.

Happy Do-ing!
Thomas

Juan Palomo
2017-06-21 11:12:05 UTC
Hi Thomas !!!

Thanks for the reply. I have seen what you have indicated and I have found
that the tags use them to classify the different projects in which you want
to differentiate the tasks. Perfect.
What happens is that the BarChart plugin uses a field called category in
the tiddler to be able to show the progress of the organized tasks in the
different categories. That's what I mean. The two add-ons use different
ways of organizing tasks, I think ...

Greetings.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w22ks5As6-U/WUpAt9xevTI/AAAAAAAABYA/wh4erLhe8Igto0i5flc6cNSit9DD8flpgCLcBGAs/s1600/Bildschirmfoto%2B2017-06-21%2Bum%2B11.45.27.png>
Thomas Elmiger
2017-06-21 20:19:45 UTC
Hi Juan

It seems to me, that Jed’s Bar Charts work perfectly with only tags: With
the predefined tags in ToDoNow you would use something like

<$ProgressBar finished="[tag[YourCategoryTag]tag[ToDoDone]]"
unfinished='"[tag[YourCategoryTag]!tag[ToDo]]" colors="#bf9,#fbb"/>/>

as in the first example here: https://ooktech.com/TiddlyWiki/BarChart/#Demo

Have fun!
Thomas
Juan Palomo
2017-06-22 08:39:08 UTC
Hi Thomas.

Thanks for everything, I had tried it the way you indicated but it did not
work. But I've reviewed the syntax again and got it to work.

Best regards.

Thomas Elmiger
2017-06-22 13:58:21 UTC
Hi Juan

Good to hear. I can see now, there was an error in my example – I should have removed the !

Thank you for using ToDoNow and for posting your issues. It is always interesting to read how people use my stuff.

Cheers,
Thomas
2017-05-22 13:40:14 UTC
Ciao Thomas

This plugin has helped me tremendously ...

I have a few additional ideas & comments. These are more likely "luxury
tweaks" than essentials :-).

1 - Creating new ToDo items via the Green + ...

... could it be done via a MODAL? The reason is that the ToDoNow list is
one's basic orientater. I think that items created from it would be best in
the kind of overlay that modals provide. It keeps you "closer" to that
essential ToDoNow Tiddler.

2 - Maybe also use MODALS for full Tiddler viewing too for any ToDoNow item?

3 - On the new EXTRA FILTER mechanism at: "Personal Filter"
<https://tid.li/tw5/plugins.html#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftelmiger%2Ftodonow%2Fuser-filter>.
Could you add a note to the documentation to cover the case of "exclude all
tiddlers tagged XXX". *That is likely the single most useful persistently
needed exclusion filter*.

To give a use case: I have lots of ToDo Tiddlers tagged "LongDates" that
manage long term payments, birthdays, contract renewals etc. I need to
track them but not see them everyday. Excluding them from normal viewing in
ToDo removes a lot of clutter.

4 - More on the EXTRA FILTER that shows up as active via this ...

Could the button be made to TOGGLE in the main ToDoNow Tiddler? So that
clicking it would alternate between: Extra Filter Applied / Extra Filter
Removed?

5 - More on the EXTRA FILTER. Could the graphic used for it better suggest
that a Personal Filter is in operation? Maybe one of these kind of symbols
... Maybe with a "plus" sign in it?

Very best wishes
Juan Palomo
2017-06-19 20:36:30 UTC
Hi Josiah!!!

I have seen that you have managed to integrate the TodoNow plugin together with the Barchart plugin. The truth is that it's something I've been looking for for a long time.
Could you tell us how you got it ???

Greetings.
Post by @TiddlyTweeter
[...]
... Maybe with a "plus" sign in it when active?
Very best wishes
2017-06-19 21:00:59 UTC
Palomo is a beautiful name!

The link for Jed's Bar Chart is here
http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/BarChart/

In my wiki I created it inside a table and put it into a tab.

See how you get on. The good thing about it is shows you what it is doing.
Its a great tool.

Here is the heart of it:
http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/BarChart/#Bar%20Chart%20Creator

Josiah
Juan Palomo
2017-06-21 08:27:15 UTC
Hi Josiah!!!

Yes, the name is interesting. Hahaha...

I have already managed to do something similar to what you have, but I
still have . The truth is that it is a good combination of complements,
this is the greatness of Tiddlywiki.

Greetings.
2017-06-20 07:50:06 UTC
I am glad someone is using my stuff. Just as a quick note you should
probably use this site as the source
https://ooktech.com/TiddlyWiki/BarChart/

The sites under ooktech.com/jed are where I do development and experiments
and may be broken, the sites under ooktech.com/TiddlyWiki are the stable
versions that are in the plugin library.
Juan Palomo