[tw] [TW5] Display order of custom fields
Add Reply
StephanF
2017-05-16 16:19:57 UTC
Thanks ahead of time!

I use buttons to create several different styles of new journal tiddlers
that include several custom fields. The fields are created in the order i
would like them displayed when editing the resulting new tiddler, but
instead they are displayed alphabetically. How can I control/modify the
display order?
Here is an example

\define spfFinanceButton()
<$button tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/NewJournal/Hint}}
aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/NewJournal/Caption}}> New Finance Journal
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title=<<now
"$(journalTitleTemplate)$">> tags="$(journalTags)$ jrnl_fin"
text="Financial Transaction<hr>" subject="" from="" to ="" amount=0 />
</$button>
\end

when editing, the field entry area is ordered: amount, from, subject, to;
rather than in the creation order (subject, from, to, amount).

I am still a newbie, so I suspect the answer will be easy and apparent once
I know what it is!

2017-05-16 18:27:02 UTC
Ciao Stephan,

This is the thread on custom field order in editor ...
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/authormsg$3Atiddlywiki$2CIcf7KoYnCAAJ$20after$3A2017$2F1$2F1$20before$3A2017$2F2$2F1%7Csort:date%7Cspell:false/tiddlywiki/t5EQ_IqOnSY/1tu1uK86AwAJ>

Perhaps it will help.

StephanF
2017-05-16 18:50:28 UTC
PMario's solution works perfectly! Thanks so much for looking it up.

BTW, from brief testing it looks to be true that the fields listed in the
reference tiddler (field-sort) can be from a variety of templates. I have
not yet tried the case where a field name is created that is not listed in
the reference tiddler.

Regards,
Stephan
2017-05-16 21:29:35 UTC
Post by StephanF
PMario's solution works perfectly! Thanks so much for looking it up.
yea \o/