[tw] Merging / Combining Tiddlers
Steven Schneider
2017-07-24 19:04:38 UTC
Hi, I've imported a rather dumb data set, which for various reasons came in
three xlsx files.

I know have three tiddlers (TiddlerA, TiddlerB, TiddlerC) for each record,
which share a common ID field, and have distinct other fields.

How do I combine the three tiddlers into a single (fourth) tiddler that
contains the fields in Tiddler A, Tiddler B and Tiddler C?

I seems inefficient to list for all Tiddler A, find the three matches on
ID, and then use action set-field to set individual fields in a newly
created Tiddler D. Might take a while too, with 175 fields and 1500 records
(4500 tiddlers).

Thanks!

//steve.
2017-07-24 20:01:42 UTC
By inefficient, are you thinking of writing code for each field? I'm pretty
sure you can use a series of nested list statements to do most of the heavy
lifting. Although it's a lot of records, it might still be pretty fast.

Good luck,
Mark