[tw] What's the tilde for?
Add Reply
Corey Woodworth
2017-10-02 15:35:48 UTC
When downloading a new or empty tiddlywiki, the default tiddler's title has
a ~ in it. "My ~TiddlyWiki" Is there any particular reason for the ~? Does
it do anything to style or label the title that I'm unaware of? It's hard
to search for ~ since it's too short a string to find in the documentation,
so my efforts to find an answer manually have been fruitless.
Lost Admin
2017-10-02 15:41:56 UTC
The tilde character is used to suppress the action of camel case
automatically creating a link to another tiddler.

I.E. MyTiddler would create a link to a tiddler with the title "MyTiddler",
even if no such tiddler yet exists. But ~MyTiddler would not.
Corey Woodworth
2017-10-02 17:33:19 UTC
Thank you, that makes perfect sense :)