[tw] Questions re node.js
Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/
2017-10-11 22:46:40 UTC
Hi all

After wandering about in the world and using Dynalist.io to much
satisfaction, I am finding I would still like to gather some notes in TW.
But I have been hearing of rumors that my beloved Firefox will soon no
longer be supporting changes in TW. And I have never liked Chrome's way of
saving. I always feel like I am either going to accumulate heaps of files
or somehow lose my data because I didn't save it.

Also, I like how http://tiddlywiki.com/static/TiddlyWiki.html functions
online. I would like to be able to easily generate a large static site,
especially in Spanish.

So I am thinking node.js may or may not be my solution. Let me describe
roughly what I am thinking of, and you guys can maybe tell me if it is
doable.

1. Have a number of TiddlyWikis I access via node.js, not just one. The
tiddlers from the TWs could all be mixed together in folders.
2. Have the ability to wikilink any tiddler via any of the TiddlyWikis. So
if I created a tiddler from the 'Animals' TW, there would be a way to
wikilink to it from a 'Nature' TW.
3. Generate a static site like http://tiddlywiki.com/static/TiddlyWiki.html
from all the tiddlers. Having it update automatically or at least with the
click of a button when I make changes to any of the TWs would be a big plus.

Is this doable? I am guessing it is. In simple but precise English, how
would I go about doing this? What is the process involved, not so much for
setting up but for day to day editing and publishing? Do I save locally and
upload each time from my laptop? Or is there a way to edit online tid files
via node.js and have their static versions updated? Is there a way to edit
in node.js so I can see it wikified but not have to depend on a browser?

I think some of you use Github to do something like this. If so, is that
something worth pursuing? What is your process?

Thanks in advance for any illumination and guidance! Blessings.
Arlen Beiler
2017-10-12 03:11:25 UTC
This thread should answer some of your questions. Let us know if you have
more.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7d5facb4-d04f-49c3-a78e-7e2a16c3282d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

On Oct 11, 2017 18:46, "Dave Gifford - Loading Image...fmex.org/" <
Post by Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/
[...]
msgid/tiddlywiki/87367635-9fc1-4d8f-9089-f03505dd2541%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/87367635-9fc1-4d8f-9089-f03505dd2541%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
David Gifford
2017-10-12 03:44:04 UTC
Thanks Arlen!

David Gifford
Mexico team leader, Mexico City

*Resonate Global Mission*
*Engaging People. Embracing Christ.*
A Ministry of the Christian Reformed Church
resonateglobalmission.org
On Oct 11, 2017 18:46, "Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/" <
[...]
msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSSr5iruybmPVF8fOMphoqR6C
Xgcb86nhs0bZD0TrnQWDA%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSSr5iruybmPVF8fOMphoqR6CXgcb86nhs0bZD0TrnQWDA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
kelsang sherab
2017-10-18 14:49:10 UTC
David,

out of curiosity is Resonate Global Mission website build with TW ??

it looks very nice and very inormative.

Thanks
David Gifford
2017-10-18 17:22:27 UTC
Hi kelsang, no, Resonate's site is not done in TiddlyWiki. They have a
professional communications department that handles that.

My own website, giffmex.org, and my Spanish materials at
articulos.giffmex.org are created with statics generated by my local
TiddlyWikis.

Blessings

Post by Arlen Beiler
[...]
msgid/tiddlywiki/0b849977-5146-4195-9ff9-0e97393eade4%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0b849977-5146-4195-9ff9-0e97393eade4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>