[tw] [TW5] What is this: {{||$:/core/ui/TagTemplate}}
Add Reply
Captain Packers
2017-02-22 16:52:44 UTC
This {{||$:/core/ui/TagTemplate}} is showing up in my tag manager as a tag
but I can't find a tiddler that has this tag. I would like to remove it
from my TiddlyWiki. It doesn't show up in other new TiddlyWikis. I don't
think it belongs. Is it safe to remove? How can I find it?

Thanks in advance.
2017-02-22 17:34:35 UTC
Post by Captain Packers
This {{||$:/core/ui/TagTemplate}} is showing up in my tag manager as a tag
but I can't find a tiddler that has this tag.
If you copied the above string into the tiddler tag field. Just remove it
with the X button in edit mode.

The string is a template transclusion. If it is rendered by TW it only
looks like a tag, because it's the purpose of this template to make tiddler
titles look like tags.

see: http://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FTagTemplate

If you open the AdvancedSearch you can find it under the Shadow tab. The
titddler name is: $:/core/ui/TagTemplate

also see: http://tiddlywiki.com/#Transclusion%20with%20Templates the
Examples section.
Post by Captain Packers
I would like to remove it from my TiddlyWiki.
If you copied the string into the tiddler tag field. Just remove it with
the X button in edit mode.

You can't get rid of the tiddler $:/core/ui/TagTemplate itself. It's a
template and it's part of the core. You can overwrite and change it. But
you can't get rid of it, because it's needed.
Post by Captain Packers
It doesn't show up in other new TiddlyWikis. I don't think it belongs. Is
it safe to remove? How can I find it?
See above.

have fun!
mario
Captain Packers
2017-02-22 20:14:32 UTC
The problem is I can't find the tiddler that is tagged this way
2017-02-22 20:21:30 UTC
Search for a shadow tiddler named $:/core/ui/TagTemplate in advanced search
Captain Packers
2017-05-16 14:53:04 UTC
That still did not lead me to a tiddler with that tag. Any other ideas.
This is a node tiddly wiki. Can I use grep to search for the offending
tiddler? are tags stored in the .tid files?
Ton Gerner
2017-05-16 15:28:26 UTC
Hi,

Create a tiddler 'System tags', tagged with $:/tags/MoreSideBar and
containing:

<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tags[]is[system]sort[title]]">

<$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/TagTemplate"/> <small class=
"tc-menu-list-count"><$count filter="[all[current]tagging[]]"/></small>

</$list>

This gives a tab 'System tags' under 'More' in the sidebar which lists all
system tags in your wiki.

Cheers,

Ton
Captain Packers
Ton Gerner
2017-05-16 16:02:55 UTC
Hi,

It shows up in your Tagmanager, but if you click the tag pill you don't see
tiddler(s) tagged with it?

May be better to start with an empty TW and import tiddlers from the TW
containing that tag.

Cheers,

Ton
2017-05-16 21:27:36 UTC
Hi,
Can you post a screenshot or a partial screenshot which shows us, how it
looks like. ...
-m