[tw] Search text too short
chaonuo
2017-05-14 03:32:44 UTC
hi,

I rely on keywords (title, tags, fields etc) with only two character quite
a lot (e.g. Q9, X8, E3 ...). but starting from Tiddlywiki 5.1.14, I can't
search them anymore, instead I get the message "search text too short".

Is there a way to configure the lower limit of search text length? I really
need to able to search short text with two characters. I will be very
grateful for suggestions!
Birthe C

chaonuo
Pit.W.
2017-05-14 16:25:45 UTC
Birthe,

also a thank you from me.

Maybe I can now mention that such numerical values can also be set by
using a html *spinner*. (see the code below).
This possibility is mentioned nowhere and I stumbled over it by accident.
Probably it is known to all the wizards, but new to other people like me.

Thanks again to all of you.

Kindly,

Pit

-------------------

<$edit-text tiddler="$:/config/Search/MinLength" field="text"
tag="input" SIZE="6" min="2"
*type="number"*
/>
---------------------------------------
Birthe C
2017-05-14 16:51:18 UTC
Pit,

Thank you! I did not know. Easy and looks nice.

Birthe
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0938ea35-e84a-4675-b60d-d28d902599af%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0938ea35-e84a-4675-b60d-d28d902599af%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
Thomas Elmiger
2017-05-14 18:31:14 UTC
Hi Pit,

on iOS i get a normal input field with no restrictions concerning data entered.

Maybe it is just an HTML5 feature (implemented in some browsers) and nothing special to TW and therefore "undocumented"?

Thank you for the hint anyway,
Thomas
Pit.W.
2017-05-17 19:44:43 UTC
Hi Thomas,

probably you are right. I tested this on Windows/Firefox only.

Cant say anything about iOS and other browsers, 'cause I dont use them
(I am a traditionalist).

But now I learned there are differences 'tween HTML5 on various
browsers. Thank you for that info
... and for TW5Hacks, and for tid.li, and for ToDoNow, and for
ListReveal, and Details, and Clipboard, and ... ... I forgot the rest
.... :(
... oh yes, and for all the good advice.

Pit