[tw] Twitter: The Official Plugin -- YES!
2017-05-17 18:07:27 UTC
Hardly noticed yet is the really, really good Official Plugin for Twitter
embeds in TiddlyWiki.

Its *very comprehensive* and makes much, much easier the embedding of
Twitter posts, timelines, as well as follow & mention buttons.

This, taken alongside the recent development of native TW tools for direct
posting to Twitter, makes it a very inviting and rounded aspect of social
networking very well supported by TW.

Lets have a bit of flag-waving for it :-).

TW Smith
2017-07-07 01:18:41 UTC
Hi,

I found the official Twitter plugin in TiddlyWiki official plugins.

And, it seems I can install it.

And, I can type <$twitter> in my script.

But, I don't know how to use this plugin. For example, can I embed tweets
with a hashtag? Embed posts from a ***@TwitterAccount, or how else can
I use this?

I am new to plugins. I figured this would be an introduction, but I can't
find documentation on using this.

Thanks for any advise.

Sean
Post by @TiddlyTweeter
Hardly noticed yet is the really, really good Official Plugin for Twitter
embeds in TiddlyWiki.
Its *very comprehensive* and makes much, much easier the embedding of
Twitter posts, timelines, as well as follow & mention buttons.
This, taken alongside the recent development of native TW tools for direct
posting to Twitter, makes it a very inviting and rounded aspect of social
networking now very well supported by TW.
Lets have a bit of flag-waving for it :-).
2017-07-07 08:43:51 UTC
Ciao TW Smith

Its actually easy to use. Much easier than having to embed the various
Twitter gizmos by the normal route.

At first it looks complicated. It isn't when you "twig it". You to need
experiment a bit to understand how to use it.

I suggest you navigate to Control Panel > Plugins

Then click on "Twitter for TiddlyWiki" then the "*usage*" tab for the
plugin to see the options.

Here is an example. Copy the text below into a new Tiddler and the timeline
for @TiddlyTweeter should appear. You just change "TiddlyTweeter" to any
Twitter address you want. The same applies to all the other examples. Save
the Tiddler. Refresh the browser. Hopefully, voila!

<$twitter type="timelineUrl" url="https://twitter.com/TiddlyTweeter"/>

Two things to note ...

1 - You must save and then REFESH for it work.

2 - The Twitter official plugin is aimed solely at embedding single tweets
and various types of timeline. *Its does NOT enable direct tweeting of
Tiddlers*. For that you need other tools.

TW Smith
2017-07-10 13:23:18 UTC
Grazie. Thanks for getting back so quickly. Will give it a whirl.

Cheers,

Sean
Post by TW Smith
I am new to plugins. I figured this would be an introduction, but I can't
find documentation on using this.
msgid/tiddlywiki/a4814574-cd64-4ac5-bb66-b3fcb6bfce44%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a4814574-cd64-4ac5-bb66-b3fcb6bfce44%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
TW Smith