[tw] Parsing and Using a date field for pretty linking and transclusion
Diego Mesa
2017-12-04 14:28:09 UTC
Hello all,

I am trying to parse a tiddlers `created` field in UTC format, extract the
week number and year it was created, and link to a tiddler with that week
number and year in its title using a pretty link.

I am trying to create a header for my Daily Research Journal that
automatically links to, and transcludes the weekly goals for that tiddlers
corresponding week.

So far I have:

<$list filter="[all[current]tag[Research]tag[Journal]]">
<h3 style="display;inline"><$view field="created" format="date"
template="[UTC][[Weekly Goals|Week WW - YYYY]]"/></h3>

{{Week WW - YYYY}}
<hr/>
</$list>

This of course, does not work. The h3 isnt actually getting rendered as a
pretty link. I've tried wrapping in wikify and link widgets, but I
haven't figured that out yet. I also have not hooked up the transclusion to
work correctly.

I've tried a couple different things from macros, etc. to no avail. Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Diego
'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
2017-12-04 15:20:02 UTC
For testing purposes, I changed the filter, but you can change it back for
your template:

<$list filter="[tag[HelloThere]]">
<$wikify name="date" text='<$view field="created" format="date"
template="[UTC]Week WW - YYYY"/>'>

<$link to=<<date>>><<date>></$link>

{{Week WW - YYYY}}
<hr/>
</$wikify>
</$list>

Good luck!
Mark
Diego Mesa
2017-12-04 15:56:59 UTC
Wow! Thanks Mark! I just replaced with the `{{Week WW - YYYY}}` with
`<$transclude tidder=<<date>>/>` and everything works great!

It would be helpful if the wikify widget had some examples!

Best,
Diego
'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki
2017-12-04 17:01:03 UTC
Post by Diego Mesa
It would be helpful if the wikify widget had some examples!
*No, that's just what they'll be expecting us to do.**

*-- Mark* *(Rex Kramer in
*Airplane )*