[tw] Wikify widget examples
'Stephen Kimmel' via TiddlyWiki
2017-08-08 13:28:31 UTC
I'll admit that I'm late to the party and can be exceptionally dense at
times but I don't understand the $wikify widget. I read the tiddler. It
parses some text, renders it and returns it as a variable which is
available inside the widget depending on the type selected which defaults
to an option which isn't one of the listed choices. What? What? While there
are examples in the full Tiddlywiki, there are no examples for the $wikify
widget and, as close as I can tell, Tiddlywiki almost never uses it either.

Can someone point me some examples that are simple enough for a borderline
moron like me to understand? Jeremy, could we get an example or two in the
next version?
2017-08-08 17:07:00 UTC
If it helps: I think of it as a setwidget but with output as text rather
than wikitext.

Of note is that you can for text argument use an evaluated filter, like so:

<$wikify name=foo text="""{{{ filter }}}"""> ...

2017-08-08 18:37:04 UTC
Ciao Stephen

There's a simple example of its use here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/9lc4ht_RM9A/ON3p-uYzBgAJ
Its used in that to capture rendered Html.

Best
Josiah