[tw] [TW5] Calendars?
2017-07-23 07:13:11 UTC
Folks,

Jeffrey Wikinson aka buggyj's Extensible Calendar is so close to what I
need, however it seems buggy in the current version of TW5 and it is not
clear how I can modify it. He also mentions a Diary plugin which I can't
find.

Source http://bjtools.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2FControlPanel Plugin calendar
with date formatter addons or
http://bjtools.tiddlyspot.com/#ExtendableCalendar

I want to provide an opportunity to make journal entries both in the past
and future (Will be populated from paper notes), but then use broader
periods as needed.

Does anyone else know of plugins that can help?

I would like to display calendars for any period, allow clicking a date to
create a new tiddler or open an existing one with the format YYYY/0MM/0DD
and idealy set tag(s)
I plan to use prefix to identify centuaries, decades, years and months,
creating corosponding tiddlers that display list of entries below that eg
Decade lists years in it, years Quarters and Months.
allow captions to modify the title displayed eg "YYYY/0MM/0DD Birth of
Tony" in Tiddler "YYYY/0MM/0DD"

Idealy there will be a click to create tiddlers for each decade, year, half
year, quarter, month and day YYY0s, YYYY, YYYY/Q1..4, YYYY/0MM, and
YYYY/0MM/0DD but it would also me helpful if each date period can have its
own tags. Perhaps even week number.

Another idea is for any given date that display if the periods that result
exist (month, Qtr etc), and allow click to open or create. To do this I
need to learn how to use the equivalent of Left$(n) to extract the N left
characters of a current tiddlername, and use this in a create tiddler
link/button) eg to create a decade YYY: a year YYYY: etc...

I understand this may need to wait until I am more expierenced to build
such a solution

Thanks in advance
FrD
2017-07-23 15:59:19 UTC
Hi TonyM

Have a look at http://simplecalendar.tiddlyspot.com/, maybe it's not too
far from what you're looking for.

Regards

FrD
BJ
2017-07-24 09:58:19 UTC
Hi Tony,
the usage of the calendar as a diary is the at the bottom of the tiddler -
http://bjtools.tiddlyspot.com/#ExtendableCalendar

What problems are you seeing with the plugin? (and what version are you
using?)

cheers!
BJ
2017-07-25 05:23:57 UTC
BJ/FrD

It seemed to be using it in the latest TW5, I set up a new empty, dragged
the plugin (not just the two listed tiddlers) and this time I am not able
to reproduce the fault.

Thanks BJ and FrD for the alternative.
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fbjtools.tiddlyspot.com%2F%23ExtendableCalendar&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEdY9OnqvX3B61jZeg5Ioku2uMEkQ>
2017-07-25 09:00:13 UTC
Ciao TonyM

IMO BJ's plugins work well, even though most were not written so recently.

He has a slightly different approach. Almost fundamentalist. Sometimes his
plugins are harder to understand than others, but, they, IME, *have a great
open structure* that lets you leverage what they do in multiple directions
very easily.

My tuppence