[tw] Did I dream it, or is there an AWS Lambda saver
Arlen Beiler
2017-07-23 00:31:58 UTC
Hello Everyone,
I thought I remember someone just recently announcing that they created a
new saver that saves the entire tiddlywiki as an AWS Lambda. I have no clue
when, but I was sure I saw the post within the last month, but now I can't
find it in my email. Did I just dream it?
Thanks,
-Arlen
2017-07-23 20:09:10 UTC
Hi Arlen
I thought I remember someone just recently announcing that they created a new saver that saves the entire tiddlywiki as an AWS Lambda. I have no clue when, but I was sure I saw the post within the last month, but now I can't find it in my email. Did I just dream it?
You may be thinking of the new AWS plugin:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/aws <https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/aws>

It includes a template that saves the current wiki as an AWS Lambda function with a handler that looks for an array of tiddlers to load in `event.tiddlers`, and an array of commands to execute in `event.commands`.

I’m using it regularly to do TiddlyWiki processing in the cloud without having to run up a VM. Do you have an application in mind? Feedback and suggestions welcome, as ever.

Best wishes

Jeremy.
Thanks,
-Arlen